Home Sports Talk
Options

Limit responses by the originator of that thread?

I noticed that Gemmy keeps some of his threads going on and on by responding numerous times to his own thread. For example, the thread about "how the winning pitcher is determined should be changed", which he started, never goes away because of his constant posting of replies to it. My opinion is that the originator of a thread should not post replies to it more than once or twice. What do you think?
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

• Options
    Gemmy, i think you just became the first person ever to have to edit a post without even typing a letter lol
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Him replying to threads is the least of our problems. He should have some sort of limit on starting threads put in place!image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Spammy is the worst offender of board etiquette of anyone here.

He has nothing to say.

He can't accept facts (like the yankees choking away a 3-0 lead being the biggest fall in sports history; that the yankees $200+ million payroll and them struggling to make a playoff spot laughable, etc).

His allegiances to 'his teams' comes and go with their wins and losses.

He edits every single one of his posts...I guess the term 'premature spamulation' would be the medical term I'd say he's stricken with. He should seek a doctor.
  • Options

Axrey, Shanty-Townie, and ctsox say

the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+
    the yankees $200+

• Options
    I like how you don't deny the other claims.

Spammy, I (and everyone else) finds it hillarious that you brag about the 'mighty' yankees struggling to make the playoffs. I find it hillarious you are prideful of a team that has so far outspent the other teams, yet is nowhere near the best team in the majors.

The whole thing about how you say how great the yankees are - THEY SHOULD BE. They should be 20 games up on the red sox, after outspending them by $80 million.

PATHETIC.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Him replying to threads is the least of our problems. He should have some sort of limit on starting threads put in place!image >>

Amen! Many have told him, even by creating some threads so he could carefully confine his spam there (kind of like a litter box) - but he spams on! But, notice the pattern here - several threads about the same thing will crop up after Yank wins, but after Yank losses - nothing!
  • Options

<<but after Yank losses - nothing!>>

That is simply not true. I post whne the lose also. You rub it in when the Yankees lose or Boston beats them but are nowhere to be found when the reverse happens.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    The gemmyman does have a propensity to add life to his threads. I am waiting for the Gemmy only thread that reaches 10 plus! Give it to us Gemmy!
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i><<but after Yank losses - nothing!>>

That is simply not true. I post whne the lose also. You rub it in when the Yankees lose or Boston beats them but are nowhere to be found when the reverse happens. >>

I don't see anyone who creates thread after mind-numbing thread attempting to exalt the virtues of their team like you spammy.

I don't see stown creating 5 threads a day detailing every little thing the Astros do, or CT doing the same with the BoSox, or me with the M's.

You've even admitted that you post a lot more when the yankees win as opposed to them losing...so what's the point of this post spamboy?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    or me with the M's.

how could you? they blow

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>or me with the M's.

how could you? they blow

SD >>

Yeah because there are no bright spots on teams that have bad years. Richie Sexson is quietly putting together a solid year, Ichiro is exciting as always, and rookie sensation Felix Hernandez is going to be an all-star stud of a pitcher.

But you wouldn't know any of that...you are such a negative source of energy you can't see optimism anywhere.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    why care?
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    PA sums it up nicely with the most minimal verbiage!
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...