Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Too bright? Too much glare? Or ok?

I think that this setting/setup captures detail well and has a good depth of field, but am not sure sure about brightness and color.

I think the coin is a VF by U.S. standards. What about UK? F?

Comments

• Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    The photos are nice, but is that coin real?
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I'd call the coin Fine and the photo is pretty good as well. Looks real to me.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What do you mean? >>

Details look mushy and the fields a bit rough - makes me wonder if it's a counterfeit. I have no expertise on these at all, just a gut feel of the image.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, looks real to me.

Picture is fine.

Coin is Fine, too, I would say. (By US standards, not by Brit standards).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do see what you mean about the mushy details, though. I suspect it just circulated that way. A contemporary counterfeit would almost certainly be cruder and fairly obvious. Nobody would have any reason to make a numismatically-sophisticated counterfeit.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin and good image.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Nice coin and good image. >>

Darker Bronze and all bronze and copper can be hard to capture color, one thing that seems to help me is using the angeled glass tech niques with ligthing directly above the coin......