Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post your favorite coin you have won in a giveaway here

I don't enter a lot of giveaways, but over the past three years I have won a few. I like all of the coins, but this is my favorite to date:

Received from: Stork (Aug 2003).

Sorry about the old picture/poor scan. My reimaging bandwidth is reduced until Christmas.
Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

• Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I won this Halfcrown in a giveaway about three years ago:

If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Geez, never won anything like them... the only thing I "won" is trashed zincolns :/

Oh my... what beauty... image
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    This beauty from Spinaker's giveaway some months back ...

I LOVE this coin image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    I got an equally nice 1000 yen from stork last Xmas.She must have a roll of them. image

My favourite so far: 1930 Cabo Verde 20 centavos from spoon. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I've been lucky to have won quite a few giveaways here. I never won a coin I didn't like and still have them all. But, if I really had to choose, and this one is fairly understandable image , I'd have to say the three (yes, 3!) blazing UNC, lustrous, 150-year-old British India coins I won from Mac waaay back during his Inaugurata giveaway are the top. image Sorry, don't have pics handy.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Something like this spoon?

edit: I got this from Mac too, in a weekend swap.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Yep, one of those! image
    An 1841 2 annas and 1862 1/4 anna also. image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Mac's giveaways rule!

Although someone gave away several gold coins recently. Was it Cladiator?

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Something like this spoon?

edit: I got this from Mac too, in a weekend swap. >>

I got two identical 1/4 rupees like that from Mac, and a few other E. India Co. denominations.

I didn't get 'em in a giveaway, but I gave two of them away. In fact, I gave one to you, Dimitri, didn't I?

I gave another to phut, who won a Kookaburra in one of my giveaways but wanted to upgrade to something UNC and Victorian, so I kept the Kook and let him upgrade for five bucks.

I have been the recipient of much generosity here, particularly when it comes to holey coins. This is one favorite of mine, given by WhiteLighnin. I had not had an Irish piece on the Holey Coin Vest, so he gave me this 1693 William and Mary halfpenny. Sorry for the wretched scan.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I feel lucky I won some coins that are over 100 years old, since I mostly collect out-of-pocket I cherish thse older coins at any condition,

From a giveaway of mcmxi

• Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    One from 1jester:

A man who knbows what I like.image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    JJ, I'm touched!! I'd almost forgotten about that particular piece. I'll have to keep you in mind when I start dumping my other unwanted German coins.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

<< <i>JJ, I'm touched!! I'd almost forgotten about that particular piece. I'll have to keep you in mind when I start dumping my other unwanted German coins.

imageimageimage >>

Unwanted German coins? I've never heard of such a thing.image

You gave coins away for your birthday. As I recall there were several winners amoung the forum regulars each of whom received a few coins in their area of interest. A very nice gesture.

• Options

<< <i>JJ, I'm touched!! I'd almost forgotten about that particular piece. I'll have to keep you in mind when I start dumping my other unwanted German coins. >>

Hey hey hey! Keep me in mind too! imageimageimage
  • Options
    [[ double post. I really need a new computer... ]]