Home Sports Talk
Options

Bern Baby Bern

August, September, and the Post Season have always been Bernie William's time of the year so Joe Torre is making sure that Bernie is playing full time now. Wow, is Bernie ever coming through. I know Bernie's defense has gone down hill but he is a very valuable offensive player this time of the year. It would be hard to see Bernie in another team's uniform next year.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Wow the $200 million men beat the worst team in the majors. Roll out the red carpet, get the ticker tape ready!!!

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Axtell you sound like a broken record.

yanks payroll 200 million bla bla bla.

can't you come up with anything else?

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Axtell you sound like a broken record.

yanks payroll 200 million bla bla bla.

can't you come up with anything else?

SD >>

Well when you have a $200 million payroll on your backs, and you struggle to beat teams that are way, way below .500, you deserve to be ridiculed and have that ridiculous payroll thrown up at every moment.

How about spouting your nonsense elsewhere?
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Williams is a mainstay for the Yankees like Jeter or Posada. It will be hard to see him in another uniform--very hard. However, how many sentimental favorites can the Yankees keep? Sometimes business calls and the right personnel decisions have to be made.

In my opinion, I believe if a team does not have mainstays or iconic type players, there would be less attachment to the team by the fans. Baseball loyalty would struggle with teams just being made up of countless trades, trades and more trades.

The Yankees never need to go out and buy a DH since that spot will be occupied by one of the position players declining in defense ability. They should bring back Melky C. and let him play in the outfield while Williams and Sierra and Giambi share DH.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    They have been saying it all year that Bernie's days are numbered in center and I hope it isn't true but apparently they are close to getting Matt Lawton.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    How about spouting your nonsense elsewhere?

Yes please do axtell, your spout is getting old.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Bernie surely will burn the yankees if he is kept in centerfield. In crucial games the ball has a way of finding that weak link and bernie is that. His skills have been greatly reduced,it is only a matter of time before he is back on the bench. Also,i really doubt there will be a next year for bernie williams.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    The Yankees have Matt Lawton now.

I thought Melky Cabrera from the farm system was good enough, but what do I know.
    Bernie's days must be spent as a DH, but that spot is crowded.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee