Home Stamps Forum
Options

curtis jenny stamps c1-c3

These were the first airmail stamps released in the U.S. I believe.

Is the c3 24c stamp a good investment or has this dropped in value.

Is this stamp a good investment. Is it a good set to complete (c1-c3) in terms of investment and resale value.

I really want the 24 cent stamp bad, unfortunately i'm not a full time stamp collector and I'm just looking for great investments.

Any tips on good investment stamps. Would investing in lower priced grills be a good bet?

Of course NHOG stamps are what i'm interested in.

Are completing sets and reselling them the way to go?

Any insight would be most pleasing.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    What I think will be popular somewhat more again, are the more classic blocks of 4 from the late 19th and early 20th century. Not sure why, but I really think thisimage

Dennis
  • Options
    I wonder if the Zepplin stamps from 1930's. the 3 pair worth around $1200 would be a good investment since it captures a wonderful era of flight.
  • Options
    I heard that early air mail stamps are getting really hard to find anymore...
  • Options
    some are!
  • Options
    I know you are looking for investments but stamps don't provide any sure bets. It was not that long ago that the prices of stamps escalated to unheard of prices and then the bubble burst. You may find that early airmails, MNH OG may hold their value but make sure you buy at a good price to start with. The APS continually emphasizes that stamp collecting should not be seen as an investment. I personally take their advice.