Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

***Official 2008 Topps Thread!****

Why put off 2+ years from now what you can do today.........anybody have any info, variations, autographs to report????

BOTR

Comments

• Options
    no.
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    can you elaborate?
  • Options
    I just opened a box of the 2008 Topps Heritage, man those 1958's look sweet, I pulled a Palmerio Authentic steriod signiture card.

For the Topps 2008 regular issue, the Pete Razor RC is awesome, even though he was in the Bowman 2007 insert, because this card has the RC insigna, it really is his rookie card, not the 2007 insert (minor league picture) no matter what everybody else says, becuse MLB says it really isn't his RC unless it has that little RC insigna on the card.

I liked the Triangle with the player in the middle, and the rainbow colors that the card is overlayed in...kinda looks like the tie dye shirts..

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

i need #'s 14, 47, 53, 54, 108, 119, 182 & 244..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!!!!

I knew it would be just a few hours before the astute and knowledgable collectors would post! Great job guys!

I have numbers 53 and 54 coming in Oct 2007. I'm interested in a Pete Razor card if its the parallelagram cut variation. I already have the diamond cut version.........

BOTR
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I sent a bunch in to PSA.............half came back as Evid Of Trim. image
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    BOTR,

I would like to trade you my 2008 Topps "Topp Rated" Joe Franceschini and Scott Fisher, for your "Rare Arabian Oil Dipped" Casey Gaynor.

They were all '98 Little League World series champs, and I figure they will be of age then. Really, what do you have to lose in this trade? Obviously a lot can happen in those few years. You never know do you?

Scott

Joe

Casey
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I have a Dante Bichette Jr. 'Future Fenoms' refractor that's going up on the 'bay tonight.

I buy a box every year-- I can't help myself-- but I swear I'm going to stop after this year. In fact I was going to stop after last year, but the 2007 base card design was so sweet that I broke down and bought a box of 2008. Still, this may be it for me-- $7 a pack is just highway robbery, IMO. Next time I get the urge to bust I'm just going to buy a box of the new Donruss/Playoff 'Dodgeball Greats'.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I got 2 Patrick Garvin future stars, but still need the parallel refractor. I'm also looking for the "Pujo" error card.
    It seems like #145 wasn't issued.

Bill, you are a man with vision.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

<< <i>Bill, you are a man with vision. >>

Ever notice that practically all posts on these boards have to do with the past? 1974 Topps this, 1953 Bowman that, 1915 Cracker Jack, T-3 Turkeys and the other........NOTHING in the past will make your groceries cheaper at Safeway! That's why we all need to pull our collective heads out of the sand and look to the future! The future is coming soon near you!!

Speaking of future, rumor has it that retired player portrait shots in dress clothes will be the highlight of the 2009 Topps Squash set. Below is an example:

• Options
    I do have a Danny Almonte auto card........WOOHOO!!

• Options
    jimtbjimtb Posts: 704 ✭✭
    I have picked up three Roger Clemens cards from the 08 set because he says it will be his last year.
    Collecting all graded Alan Trammell graded cards as well as graded 1984 Topps, Donruss, and Fleer Detroit Tigers
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Gotta pull a Murcer on this one, I like Jim even if he doesn't like me.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    beach64beach64 Posts: 218 ✭✭
    I have a few the 2008 Julio Franco 50th anniversary cards to trade. Not often a player gets a subset of 50 cards honoring each year he was alive.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    HAs anyne got a Helton?
  • Options
    Grif,

I've heard similar stories, but one thing I keep hearing about is the tendency of one of the Squash Set cards magically turning into a GAI graded one, then back to a PSA graded one. I've not talked to anybody who has seen this in person but the sightings are credible. I'm not sure why one particular cards flips back and forth, but maybe it has to do a rumor of GAI setting up slabbing operations in east coast retail stores and outlets.

FOTW
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I want to buy as many #552, Luke Hochevar rookies, as you're willing to sell.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I just opened a box of the 2008 Topps Heritage, man those 1958's look sweet,

won't they appear like the 59's?

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    YES! Just pulled a Chicago Cubs 2007 World Series commemorative card! Numbered 1 of 2008 Gold embossed refractor parallel autograph jersey bat card!

Gotta love it!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    I love the '08 dual signature "Do the crime, do the time" autos.....the Bonds/Palmeiro dual sig card is nice but I'm searching for the Dwight Gooden/Sidney Ponson card. Its an sp.
  • Options

<< <i>YES! Just pulled a Chicago Cubs 2007 World Series commemorative card! Numbered 1 of 2008 Gold embossed refractor parallel autograph jersey bat card!

Gotta love it! >>

That card has some value Arny because it is obviously an ERROR card.

• Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    lostdart - it's commemorating the 100th anniversary of the 1907 Cubs World Championship team - it's a cut signature of Joe Tinker, a Frank Chance jersey swatch, and a Johnny Evers bat slice.

Somebody sold the 100th anniversary triple auto/GU Tigers AL Chapmionship card (Cobb auto/Crawford bat/Jennings jersey) for over $11000 on eBay, but there are rumors it was a staged sale for Beckett.

Nick

Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options