Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

awesome pull at the shop today

wish the card design was better, but how can you complain about a card like this. there is some damage to the baseball heroes cutout logo over the signature cut, I wonder if UD would be able to replace this card or if I'm just stuck with it.

Comments

• Hmm.
    Ryan
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    ·p_A·
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemmy's Munson is a far superior card.

Having said that, "true" Munson autos will always draw attention and bidders.

Question. Why is Gemmy being picked on?

mike
    Mike
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

2005 UD BASEBALL HEROES THURMAN MUNSON CUT AUTO 2/2

<<poor little baby, your Munson yankee collection auto is not so rare anymore, UD is rolling out more and more Munson sigs every day!>>

This was bound to happen. Gee, maybe I should rush out and sell it to one of the five guys who has offered me at least $2,000. image
    So, when did this forum become the Jerry Springer Hour?

This is more in tune to Sports Talk where one expects trash talk or at the Open Forum.

If this forum keeps moving in this direction, there's going to be a very quiet exodus of participants with knowledge to share.

Many have already left - there are competing boards for the attention of the readers.

Is this what we want?
    Just curious.
    mike
    Mike

oddball, why don't you buy this one?

NYY Thurman Munson Signed Auto Cut PSA DNA Slabbed
    heh
    ·p_A·

<< Gemmy's Munson is a far superior card.

Having said that, "true" Munson autos will always draw attention and bidders.

Question. Why is Gemmy being picked on?

mike>>

Thanks, Mike!!!!
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    i agree Gemmy's card is far superior to the one oddballs has shown.

SD
    Good for you.

pandrews and winpitcher, thank you too!!!! Of course I knew someday there would be more Munson autos in card product but this oddball character is odd. image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Seems mr oddballs aint LOL'lng anymore........
    Good for you.

We done scare Mr. Oddball. So now we know Mr. Oddball's eBay ID. image

heh..
    ·p_A·

Nothing like cashing in right away:

2005 UD BASEBALL HEROES THURMAN MUNSON CUT AUTO 2/2
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Nothing like cashing in right away:

2005 UD BASEBALL HEROES THURMAN MUNSON CUT AUTO 2/2 >>

Heaven forbid he sell a card that will make him some money.

As far as Spammy getting picked on, he does bring it on himself.
  • Agree w/ Stone on this one. This thread is a$$
    ·p_A·

<< <i>As far as Spammy getting picked on, he does bring it on himself. >>

Ax
    Won't argue that Gemmy has a certain flair...and you guys have all kinds of fun at Sports Talk - heck - that's what it was designed for.

I would just hate to see this forum move any more in that direction.

I'm seeing the "knowledge" posters dropping off over the last 6-8 months - it is partly due to summer but also partly due to the content or lack thereof IMO.

mike
    Mike

That card is ugly. It is a poor drawing of Munson....makes him look like a cartoon character. LOL
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should mention the damage to the UD logo in the ebay auction description????

regards
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
    I wish these forums didn't have an 'edit' button.

NYY Thurman Munson Signed Auto Cut PSA DNA Slabbed

I can't beleive someone paid $1,124.00 for this butchered job. And look at the bidding interest. I know PSA/DNA is very accurate when it comes to authenticating signtures but when a sig is so sloppy how can they be 100% sure.

Neatness and quality of signature does matter. oddball, a big thank you for highligting your card for us.
    From this:

<< <i>
    That card is ugly. It is a poor drawing of Munson....makes him look like a cartoon character. LOL
    >>

to this?

<< <i>Neatness and quality of signature does matter. oddball, a big thank you for highligting your card for us. >>

I can't believe you didn't edit out the first post (like you do everywhere else).
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    oddball and gemmy dating? what is w/ the rivalry?

if i pulled some auto and sold it immediately and was brave enough to show it here, i wouldn't care if it sucked, i still get paid.

T G I F

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Is there some background to this story? Why is Gemmy's better? Who cares if oddball is selling his.

Stingray

<< <i>Is there some background to this story? Why is Gemmy's better? Who cares if oddball is selling his.

Stingray >>

Not sure about Oddball and selling anything but his original thread title was changed/edited - it originally had Gemmy's name on it and in essence had the potential to incite him? Not sure if there's history there?

Gemmy has a really nice auto card - well designed - and would bring some righteous dineros on ebay IMO.

mike
    Mike

you think the winnind bidder of Oddball's card is gonna be pissed when he gets the card and see the damage which isnt mentioned in the auction?..

Oddball mentioned the damage in this thread, but not in the auction.. hmm...
    ·p_A·

I never had any dealings with this oddball fella.

<< <i>oddball and gemmy dating? what is w/ the rivalry?

if i pulled some auto and sold it immediately and was brave enough to show it here, i wouldn't care if it sucked, i still get paid.

T G I F

Julen >>

Probably because spammy mentions his precious munson auto at every opportunity (i.e. every time this set gets mentioned). Probably got the attention of the guy selling this card to point out it's not the only one anymore.
    Ax
    Everyone's gotta be proud of something?

I know I would be proud of these....

Mike

Axtell,

it wasnt about the guy being proud of his card, it was about him making fun of Gemmy with his stupid ass LOL ROFLMAO comments aimed directly at Gemmy..

Hell I would stick up for you if some sorry-ass unkown member that never posts came on here starting sh!t with you..

So far, i'm 99.9% sure oddball is a farkin idiot.. and he doesnt mention the damage to the card in his auction description..
    ·p_A·

<< <i>Ax
    Everyone's gotta be proud of something?

I know I would be proud of these....

image >>

So would I image But there's a difference in being proud of something and trying to rub it in everyone's face (pun intended) at every opportunity.

<< <i>
    So would I image But there's a difference in being proud of something and trying to rub it in everyone's face (pun intended) at every opportunity. >>

right.. but i dont take Gemmy posting his card as "rubbing it in" anybody's face.. but when some dumbass noname comes on here and titles a thread "LOL@GEMMY10" then thats clearly "rubbing it in"..
    ·p_A·
    Ax
    This could go in circles and I've got vertigo - so I'm pretty sure everyone knows your position on Gemmy - this isn't about Gemmy alone, as Perry is trying to state.

Now, can anyone tell me how this card got a no qualifier?

Mike

<< <i>

<< <i>
    So would I image But there's a difference in being proud of something and trying to rub it in everyone's face (pun intended) at every opportunity. >>

right.. but i dont take Gemmy posting his card as "rubbing it in" anybody's face.. but when some dumbass noname comes on here and titles a thread "LOL@GEMMY10" then thats clearly "rubbing it in".. >>

I wasn't trying to imply he wasn't rubbing it in...apologies for not making that clear.

But I have seen numerous posts from spammy about this card, and every time that set is brought up he feels the need to mention it again....I am sure this guy felt vindicated in getting one and posting it. He's since edited his post, after seeing (or having been pointed) the error of his ways (yet another reason I wish there was no editing of these posts except by admin).

<< <i>
    I wasn't trying to imply he wasn't rubbing it in...apologies for not making that clear.

But I have seen numerous posts from spammy about this card, and every time that set is brought up he feels the need to mention it again....I am sure this guy felt vindicated in getting one and posting it. He's since edited his post, after seeing (or having been pointed) the error of his ways (yet another reason I wish there was no editing of these posts except by admin). >>

personally, i like the fact that Gemmy brings it to our attention every time a set is broken up. I can really respect the fact that somebody is taking the time to keep track of how many particular sets are still intact, broken up, etc..
    ·p_A·
    Ax
    If they didn't have the edit feature, people would really know that I wasted my 11th grade edekation!

mike

edit: oops!
    Mike
  • CariconCaricon Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Any time I get an auto card I'm happy. No matter who it is. Neat just having a new autograph. But as
    mentioned a couple of times here now, the card has some damage, which you can see in the scan, but
    is not stated in the auction description. It should be added. You sure don't want to have the person that
    wins the auction come back on you.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Question. Why is Gemmy being picked on? >>

Replace Billy with Spammy in my signature's video
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

somebody should let the bidders know that this card is damaged.. it's up to $787.00.. LINK
    ·p_A·
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    I'm lost....
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg

<< <i>I'm lost.... >>

the guy is selling the munson cut sig #'d 2/2 shown in the first post.. in his post he mentions the damage, but he leaves is out of his ebay description.. LINK

his pre-edited post also wasnt very nice and aimed at Gemmy..
    ·p_A·

oddball, to show you there are no hard feelings I will give you some advice. I think you should have marketed this card as one of the few Thurman Munson cut signatures from a card company which has not been butchered. I think that would help you to get more moolah. Also, you should mention the slight damage.
  • The damage to the card is slight. Anyone buying the card though is putting most of the value in the sig. ( and Gemmy's Munson sig. card blows this one away)
    Lastly, Upper Deck in most cases, can replace a damaged card with a new clean one. You have to check with them first though before sending the card to them.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm lost.... >>

the guy is selling the munson cut sig #'d 2/2 shown in the first post.. in his post he mentions the damage, but he leaves is out of his ebay description.. LINK

his pre-edited post also wasnt very nice and aimed at Gemmy.. >>

Thanks for cleaing this up for me. I was confused as to what was said about Gemmy..... I thought I was losing my mind.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • I don't feel like letting the bidders know about the damage. it's worse than it looks in the scan, I don't want to lose bids. thanks.

<< <i>I don't feel like letting the bidders know about the damage. it's worse than it looks in the scan, I don't want to lose bids. thanks. >>

must not be your card.. you must just be a liar all around..
    ·p_A·

• << <i>I don't feel like letting the bidders know about the damage. it's worse than it looks in the scan, I don't want to lose bids. thanks. >>

Let me get this straight..YOU DONT FEEL LIKE LETTING BIDDERS KNOW ABOUT THE DAMAGE!!!!

YOU sir are scum!!!!
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

$1,350.00.

Nice going oddball. I bet mine would get double.