Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

**OFFICIAL SHORT PRINT/SINGLE PRINT THREAD

Okay, non-sports guys. Let's see if we can band together and share some info:

I thought it might be helpful if we pooled our collective knowledge about the short printed cards in various non-sports card sets. We know the first and last cards are hard to find in top condition, we know #36 in the Mars Attacks set is tough, but what of the single printed cards that are available in less abundance than other cards? For example:

1936 Gum Inc. G-Men & Heroes of the Law: 28,38,45,49,57,64,76,83,88,94,100,107,115,121,127, 136,149,156,169,177,181,185,191,196

This from a collector in California:

1958 Topps TV Westerns: 5,6,12,13,16,21,23,33,37,42,48,50,51,64,67,68

I know there are short prints in the 1960 Fleer Spins and Needles and 1962 Topps Civil War News sets as well, I just don't know what they are. Much of this is speculation, since actual printing numbers were not made available. However, there's a lot of info out there that I thought we could all share. Thanks for helping!

Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Comments

• Options
    Uncle Sam Home Defense Card Nos. 121 to 144 are very hard to find in ANY condition. I believe that these were short printed due to the US entering WW2.
    Horrors of War #277 to 288 are also hard to find short prints.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • Options
    This is only slightly off topic, but in the Star Wars world... there are quite a few sets with short prints. If you look a this sheet, you will notice that it contains a total of 25 stickers to be cut 5 x 5 (printed by ADPAC for General Mills, for distribution in Children's cereal). Since there are only 4 designs, there are 7 of the Han Solo and only 6 of the others - making the printed quanities of the different stickers vary (i.e. some would be short printed, or atually in this case one would be "over printed"). This is very common.

Another contributing factor in the distribution with this set, is that (it's a set of 16, with 4 subsets defined by border color) each subset was distributed with a brand of cereal. The cereal that was more popular caused that subset to be abundant, while the less popular cereals left those stickers to be much harder to find...

Paul H.

www.disc-or-die.com
    www.jamesbondcards.com
    www.vintagestarwarscards.com
    paul@disc-or-die.com
    transparentpunk@hotmail.com
  • Options
    MorrellMan:

One of the toughest short prints of non-sports sets from the 1960's has got to be card #37 from the Gilligan's Island 1965 Topps Set.

Also, the 10 card high number series (#s 171-180) of the World on Wheels blue backs are extremely tough.

Just thought that might help.
    Josh
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Josh,
    I did not know that about the #37 card. Any idea why just that one?

Of course, the WOWs set is actually considered complete at 160 cards. Those last 20 are douseys!
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Mark,
    it's actually not just #37, but there are a few short prints (I believe #51 is also a SP)... #37 is just the shortest of the SP's.

Fully aware that the WOW set is considered complete at 160, but the high numbers really make a set complete!

Good luck with all of your collecting.
    Josh