Home Sports Talk
Options

So Bradley drops the race hammer and no teammates come to Kent's defence??

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
Especially the white teammates. If they stand for this, they will get it too.

I guess a white player can no longer question or comment on a black player in any way.

MB's the racist, not Kent.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Milton Bradley is an loudmouthed, idiot. Unfortunately there are probably quite a few yoots that look up to the dirtbag.

Cleveland dumped him because of his antics and LA would be wise to do so also.

Isn't he the moron that threw a bottle or something at a fan?

• Options
    While MB is a big ass for his continual gossip of the race card, Jeff Kent is known around the league as just as big an ass for other things.

Let’s face it. Bonds was disliked by his teammates in SF as was Kent. When Kent went to Houston, no one really had great things to say about him. I’m sure if you asked around LA, the same discussions would surface.

That is the probable reason why no one is coming to Kent’s defense. For many ballplayers, this confrontation is sweet poetic justice to let these two idiots fight it out.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    While MB is a big ass for his continual gossip of the race card, Jeff Kent is known around the league as just as big an ass for other things.

agreed

I guess a white player can no longer question or comment on a black player in any way.

totally agree ... true outside of sports as well
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    we dont really know what kent said about bradley. all we know is what espn reported. kent is not exactly the nicest guy in the world...so, who knows what he said to tick bradley off. i do think bradley was wrong in tainting this whole argument with race...especially when he mentions the 9% stat to the reporters...but race is a volatile issue in the united states...and that's not illogical given our history...you simply cant wipe away centuries of racism and oppression...especially when you have guys like bradley who wants to use race as an excuse for everything...and when you get two volatile individuals like bradley and kent...you get the eventual confrontation that they had.

bradley is overrated beyond words. besides a good half season with cleveland, hes been nothing but a dissapointment in the three clubs he's been with. although kent isnt a team leader, at least he can back himself up with meaningful stats (likely a HOF career, in fact).