Home Sports Talk
Options

Chacon vs. Chacin tomorrow

A duel of two vowels. LOL

Comments

• Options
    What happened to the Moose? Eight earned runs!!!
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

He came unraveled. He was pitching a 1-hitter until the 5th inning then he got p1 ssed because a guy walked instad of a 3rd call strike. He got frazzled and was never the same after that. As my favorite (NOT) announcer John Sterling said "Very Un-Mussina like".
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    You'd think a vet would be able to shake off one blown strike call and not blow up for 8 runs.

Quit making excuses for him...he got hammered.
  • Options
    Well, Chacon (pronounced Shacone) and the New York Yankees soundly beat Chacin (pronounced Shaseen) and the Blue Jays. Chacon has been lights out for the Yankees since they acquired him. His ERA is a sparkling 1.64 and he has not given up more than 3 runs in any of his 5 starts. If Brian Cashman was responsible for getting Chacon then he is a genious. If Wright continues to pitch like he has, and Randy returns to a semblance of his former self I would be very concerned if I was a Red Sox fan....oh yeah, I forgot, you already have your prize for the next 86 years so you must be quite content. image

Remember, it is Curt's coming out party tonight....stay tuned.

• Options
    Hey Spammy did you lose a bet?

Is that why you've had red sox players in your sig line for months?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If Brian Cashman was responsible for getting Chacon then he is a genious. >>

Who else would it be, Spammy? Georgie Porgie? Or perhaps someone in the IT department (who probably doesn't make the $80/hour you make) made the trade? Gosh, who makes trades and signs players for MLB teams? Who could it be?!?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

What I meant was did Cashman find this gem himself by doing his own analysis or did a scout for the Yankees recommend him?
  • Options

Schilling has given up 6 runs in 4 innings. Is his ERA 15.00 yet? Is it soup yet?

• Options

<< <i>Schilling has given up 6 runs in 4 innings. Is his ERA 15.00 yet? Is it soup yet?

>>

Admit it spammy! You have a serious, big league man crush on Schilling! After all, all he did was show more heart last post season than any of your beloved yankees have in a good long time.

His 6 runs? Oh that's because he got flustered after ball that he throught was a strike got called for a ball.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What I meant was did Cashman find this gem himself by doing his own analysis or did a scout for the Yankees recommend him? >>

Sure you did, Spammy. Anyways, you think Cashman, the GM, finds the "gems"? For some one being a life-long baseball fan, it sure seems like you know little about it.

Speaking of Shilling's heart:

You can't compare this to anything anyone has ever done taking one for the team.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
  • Options

Shanty-Townie doing what he does best, relaxing