Home Sports Talk
Options

ANOTHER one Bites the DUST due to Lying about "not doing steriods"!

Lance's doping a 'fact'

guess there is just no trusting people when they say they did not do steroids. hope that he his testicle cancer does not come back or spread elsewhere due to this STUPID drug use just to win a few bike races.

Comments

• Options
    Are those gay and stupid French at it again attempting to undermine yet another American ass kicking? The things these fools go through to compensate for their inferiority complex.

We saved their asses twice and they still want to undermine us.

What jackasses.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    This is another case of the Frenchies continual witch hunt for Lance and EPO. They want/need to villify him because he has destroyed them for the last seven years. The French want it to be true so badly due to humilitions of their favorite rider and the expulsion of his entire team in the '98 Tour. This actually led to convictions of pharacists and others.

Doping has been going on forever on the tour. Many believe they are all cheating in some way.

The person who wrote the article for "L'Equipe" also has published a book previously declaring Lance to be doping and seems to have a vendetta against him.

I for one would not be comfortable with any testing results from previous seasons reguarding Lance, there are simply too many people who hate him and would love to bring him down.

• Options

<< <i>This is another case of the Frenchies continual witch hunt for Lance and EPO.

Doping has been going on forever on the tour.

Many believe they are all cheating in some way. >>

well if everyone else is doing it, does that somehow make it ok? it is still against the rules, correct?
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    They've said it's an undeniable fact, yet it took them 7 years to come up with it?

The paper that printed this garbage is notorious for the witch hunt they've held for Lance...going as far as trying to bribe staff at the hotel he was staying at during the last Tour to get into his room.

They didn't test for EPO is 1999, but have since...Lance is arguably the most drug tested athlete of all time, yet he continues to have a clean record. When are these people going to let sleeping dogs lie?

Another cycling 5-time champion is quoted as saying "he couldn't understand why scientists would use samples from the 1999 Tour for their tests.

"That seems bizarre, and I don't know who would have the authorization to do it,'' he told L'Equipe. "I don't even know if it's legal to keep these samples.'

This is a witch hunt...and anyone who buys into it (looks upwards) is just about trying to bring down a true national hero.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I would take this "report" with a grain of salt. The newspaper, L'Equipe, is known for their tabloid-like journalism and this isn't the first time they have gone after Lance. Funny no mention on how the 6 year old samples have been stored or tested... Were they frozen like Ted Williams or left out like OJ's blood (allegedly)?

May want to think twice before stating something as fact prior to knowing the entire story.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    There is a tendency in this country that a majority of people love to tear down a hero that has been built up. I'm not sure what perverse joy those people get out of it, other than to try to say to themselves that the hero being ripped 'wasn't all that much better than I was'.

Sad that people jump on a rumor from a National Enquirer-like paper and take it for truth.

Lance was a hero to millions before he won a single Tour...I guess some people won't be happy until there are no more heroes.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

<< <i>well if everyone else is doing it, does that somehow make it ok? it is still against the rules, correct? >>

It doesn't mean it's OK. I'm just trying to provide you a little background and hopefully make you realize things are never in black and white when dealing with "le Tour."

Many in France already assume with out a doubt that Lance has cheated, most in the US assume he's clean. These belated "tests" will do little to sway either camp.

• Options

<< <i>Many in France already assume with out a doubt that Lance has cheated, most in the US assume he's clean. >>

and both are probably not exactly right. I bet the truth lies in the middle - he did not always cheat, until he felt he "had to win" and then he did.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I bet the truth lies in the middle - he did not always cheat, until he felt he "had to win" and then he did. >>

Lance denies allegations

<< <i>“I actually spoke to him for about 30 minutes and he didn’t say any of that stuff to me personally,” Armstrong said, referring to Leblanc.

“But to say that I’ve fooled the fans is preposterous. I’ve been doing this a long time. We have not just one year of only ‘B’ samples; we have seven years of ‘A’ and ‘B’ samples. They’ve all been negative,” he said during a conference call from Washington, D.C.

The Tour did not respond Wednesday to a request by The Associated Press to interview Leblanc. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Well, whatever happens, remember that he gets to go home to Sheryl Crow, and the French will always stink.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    This just in.....it was reported that a French Man just took a shower!! Of course he denies the alligations.

LANCE OWNS FRANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

JS