Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I beg your pardon....

Please somebody hook me up with a link of this ebay auction that I am having troubles coming to terms with it is #...5231410084.
I NEED HANKS!!!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the linkage...WOW well over two times SMR?!?!?!??!image
    I NEED HANKS!!!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    tough card ...

collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    I spoke to a fellow collector at the National about this card at the Setbuilders table. I didn't know it was tough until he brought it up. He said they routinely go in the $800 range.

Regards,

Alan
  • Options
    Here are the last 10 winning bids that I have found of PSA 8s of this card on ebay:

265/555/312/406/315/296/865/864/515/742

Kurt

Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    there are 8s, and there are 8s...
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options

<< <i>there are 8s, and there are 8s... >>

Exactly!

The card is near impossible to find centered. The typical example is such as this listing going on as we speak:
    Another 60 Aaron

The $865, 864, and 742 ebay wins were all centered versions. I am sad to report that I came in 2nd in 2 out of those 3.

Kurt
    My ebay listings
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Nicely centered yes, and maybe it's just the scan, but there appears to be a lot more corner wear in 2 places than you'd expect in an 8.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I dont that card is a "9" hiding in a PSA 8 holder ...but its a very nice example centering its great , colors seem very vivid.

strong price...how much does a "regular" Mantle psa 8 go for?
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    I have seen this card in person. It is dripping in gloss very well focused, centered, etc. The corners are fine for at least an 8. That does seem a little high however.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Which one would you take, based on the scans, the second one appears to have stronger corners and not as good centering. The first one is nicely centered, top two corners appear touch.

Stingray
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭

<< <i>Here are the last 10 winning bids that I have found of PSA 8s of this card on ebay:

265/555/312/406/315/296/865/864/515/742

Kurt >>

Over what kind of time frame was this? For a card to experience a swing of more than 200% from low to high bids and back is kind of odd, even with variances allowed in grade.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options

<< <i>Over what kind of time frame was this? For a card to experience a swing of more than 200% from low to high bids and back is kind of odd, even with variances allowed in grade. >>

Unfortunately, I can't tell you the exact dates as I don't record that info (probably should tho), but I would guess those 10 were over period of the last 3 1/2 years or so. I can tell you the 2 in the $800 range were 2 or 3 months ago.

Kurt
    My ebay listings