Home Sports Talk
Options

Royals end their 19 game losing streak

by defeating the A's. On a related note the Yankees are 1/2 out from the Wild Card and even in the loss column with the A's. I don't think it will matter one iota because the Yankees are gonna catch the Red Sox. image

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Here's a little tidbit you wrote after Mariano blew a save last week:

"His arm is going to fall off. It's all over for the Yankees. On to 2006."

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Boopotts, I was being facetious. Of course I think the Yankees are going to the playoffs. The folks like Axtey and Shanty-Townie that constantly criticize Yankee fans just because they happen to root for a team with a storied past whose owner spends a lot of money, are going to be wrong about the Yankees not making the playoffs. At least I hope image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boopotts, I was being facetious. Of course I think the Yankees are going to the playoffs. The folks like Axtey and Shanty-Townie that constantly criticize Yankee fans just because they happen to root for a team with a storied past whose owner spends a lot of money, are going to be wrong about the Yankees not making the playoffs. At least I hope image >>

Have I ever said the Yanks were not going to make the playoffs? They "should" make the playoffs with that astronomical payroll. If they don't, the 2005 Yankess will be known as the biggest failure in MLB history.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts