Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Reached First Milestone 1963 Fleer

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know its prolly not a big deal, but I passed the 50% mark on my 1963 Fleer Football set today with help from a fellow collector that sold me 4 cards recently. 2 were tuffies. Thanks Mark. Out

P.S. Since I've joined this board and the Net54 board alot of collectors have been great with helping look for and trade needed cards. This really is a great community.
W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Great job!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    2deuces,

Congratulations!! How long did it take you to reach the half-way point?? Why did you start collecting this set??

I'm going to have to see if any of the registered sets have some photos. I didn't buy football cards until '68. Wish I still had them and not all these posters that came in the packs!

hh
  • Options
    I grew up in Buffalo, NY. There was no major league baseball team there but we had the Bills. Hence the football cards. My first set as a kid was the 1966 set. I save all of them and prolly needed 20 or so to complete it raw, but over the last 10 years I've upgraded it several times and now have a raw NM-MT set.
    I had an itch to put together a PSA graded set in 2000 and thought the 63 Fleers were a very attractive set. Plus at 89 cards it appealed to me because I thought I might burn out on a larger set for my first 1. I purchased about 20 in 2000 and than quit until May of this year and picked it up again. I would like the whole set in at least 7's and 8's. That quality of set is just fine with me. BTW thanks for the congrads guys.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Amazing. Just after posting, another board member was selling off a lot of 63 Fleers. I picked up 10 more PSA 7's tonight. It twas a good night to all!!!! or for me at least. 2 were upgrades so only 32 to go. Outstanding.
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PM sent e-mail reply at twodueces22@yahoo.com
    W.C.Fields