Home Sports Talk
Options

The Catch of the Century

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    How lame?

I mean digging up a catch from years ago? And catch of the century?

Edmonds makes more athletic, better catches than that on a weekly basis.

Willie Mays' over the shoulder catch is widely regarded as the best ever.

Spam boy you are going to have to admit that the yankees don't hold the title for every thing, even something as inane as 'catch of the century'
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it was a great catch, but it was not the greatest. The running into the stands was spectacular, but that happened because he just couldn't stop running. I replayed it and noticed that he actually caught the ball in FAIR TERRITORY!

I vote Jim Edmonds, game 74 of the 2005 NLCS.

Shane

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    what about david wright's over the shoulder bare handed grab about 2 weeks ago?
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    CENTURY?? Surely you jest.

definitely top one for that Week at that time.

• Options
    That catch is overglorified soley on the fact that Garciapopup was on the bench with his thumb up his behind, and Jetes was out there throwing his nose into the stands. By the way I think the Glass Menagerie Nomar hurt himself again last night. Catch of the century no.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I'm not clicking on this link, but if this is the Jeter running into the stands catch - are you kidding me?

This is about as lame a declaration as I have ever seen here. As Axtell mentioned, Willie Mays made the catch of the century - and David Wright's catch last week was just as impressive as this Jeter thing.

Please, can the spam stop? image
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Gemmy, please-- for all of us here. Get a girlfriend.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    As spectacular as May's catch was I think the throw was even more amazing. I wonder how many more spectacular catches we never saw pre ESPN

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gemmy, please-- for all of us here. Get a girlfriend. >>

imageimageimageimageimage

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    You do realize that this century is only 4+ years old.

Gemmy, please-- for all of us here. Get a girlfriend.

LOL! Good one!
  • Options
    That wasn't the greatest play of the century, it wasn't the greatest play in Yankees history, and it wasn't even the greatest play of 2004.

You, sir, are living in your own little world