Home Sports Talk
Options

Mariano blew it

His arm is going to fall off. It's all over for the Yankees. On to 2006.

On a side note: Terry Francona took my advice and did not want to add to Schilling'a BLOATED ERA.

Comments

• Options
    I had a good laugh at the gametracker for the 11th. A double, a balk, a walk, an intentional walk, and another walk image
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Terrible. Proctor has a history of being wild. I don't know why Torre didn't bring in Chacon for a few batters. I think Torre mismanaged.
  • Options

The Red Sox-Tigers was a wild one too. 7 run 10th by Red Sox and Grand Slam by Monroe of Tigers in 10th.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Is that consecutive blown saves for Rivera?

I guess it was the incredible team batting that tampa bay possesses that did in the spankees huh spammy?
  • Options

Yep, 40+ points higher than the Mariners. Like I said last night Tampa has the best record since the All-Star break. All they need is some pitching.
  • Options

<<Is that consecutive blown saves for Rivera?>>

No, there was one save in between.
  • Options

<< <i> All they need is some pitching. >>

Hey, just like the spankees!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Packing it in in August? Jeez, you just had the Yanks in the playoffs and the Angels staying home a week ago.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Gotta love Tuesday night fights.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Tonight was absolutely enjoyable - the curse of Gemmy10 rolls on!
  • Options

<< <i>Packing it in in August? Jeez, you just had the Yanks in the playoffs and the Angels staying home a week ago. >>

Well this is spammy we're talking about.

He was saying the yankees were going to have the best record in the AL by the end of the season less than a month ago.

• Options

<< <i>He was saying the yankees were going to have the best record in the AL by the end of the season less than a month ago. >>

Wow, he said that? Has anything he predicted actually come true?

By the way, how bad is this Proctor guy? I just saw the highlights and saw his bases loaded walk - he almost threw ball 4 over the catchers head to end the game...

But, good news Yanks - we have a terrible pitcher of our own - Mike Remlinger has been absolutely awful. We should cut him immediately, so he can go and join the Yanks by the weekend.
  • Options

<< Packing it in in August? Jeez, you just had the Yanks in the playoffs and the Angels staying home a week ago.>>

I enjoyed when the ball went through your hero's legs a few weeks ago. As John Sterling said "right through his wickets"

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm glad you like my emoticons Gemmy - there is even one just for you:

• Options

<< <i>I'm glad you like my emoticons Gemmy - there is even one just for you:

image >>

Where's the 'see no evil, hear no evil' emoticon? it would fit him perfectly.