Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Rockstar INXS

Has anyone been watching the summer series?

I know Perry has. I know Keith watches Idol along with me. But, the main point is the "House Band" is kick ass!!!!

thanx
mike
Mike

Comments

• Options
    Mike,

I have not been able to watch INXS as much as I would have liked this summer. But, when I did, I was just blown away by how this talent seemed head and shoulders above the Idol talent. And you are right, I would pay to watch that house band.

I think the talent concept is good, but the concept of replacing the late leader of a 20 year-old band seems a little strange. I would think the winner would have a better chance of making it without INXS.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike,

I have not been able to watch INXS as much as I would have liked this summer. But, when I did, I was just blown away by how this talent seemed head and shoulders above the Idol talent. And you are right, I would pay to watch that house band.

I think the talent concept is good, but the concept of replacing the late leader of a 20 year-old band seems a little strange. I would think the winner would have a better chance of making it without INXS. >>

Keith
    I totally agree! In fact the few times that INXS has played, I thought they paled in comparison to the 'house band'!

Tonite, I thought Mig kicked ass. I'm also rooting for Marty.

The criticism of INXS and this concept, notwithstanding, I have enjoyed the summer and watching the singers and house band.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been following it as well. I would like Marty to win it but is INXS really the band for him????? Nice spin on his song tonight! Also, Jordice (sp) is really talented.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>I've been following it as well. I would like Marty to win it but is INXS really the band for him????? Nice spin on his song tonight! Also, Jordice (sp) is really talented. >>

Halo
    That's pretty much the talk in the magazines like "People" - but these are people that probably would be going nowhere if it weren't for this show.

So, this could be pure serendipity in action - they compete - if ya don't win? Ya got exposure and perhaps a personal contract or the opportunity to form/join another band - with a contract?

Final take -

In the end, the 2nd place Loser - may be the Winner in that they could find a great gig out of this.

The Winner may be the Loser for being stuck with a 20 yr old band that has seen better days?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    JORDIS
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    I think the winner gets a recording contract with INXS.
    Not sure they are committed to any more than that (either way).

And you are RIGHT. that "House Band" ROCKS!!!

Greg Beers did pretty good from INXS when he sat in on bass.
    But Sash (bass player from the House Band) really kicks too.

Will be interesting.
    The first show I have been interested in, in awhile.

Bob
  • Options
    It aint no Big Brother, but it is the next best thing.

Marty looks right to front INXS. There is no reason that
    they cannot "reinvent" themselves and breakout of
    the "youth irrelevant" back catalog.

INXS never really went away in terms of greatest hits
    downloads and CD sales. I saw them seven years ago
    and they put on a very fun show. They are not the Stones
    in concert and they do not try to be; there was almost a
    Fleetwood feel to the concert. It is too bad that none of
    the chick contestants will be the next Stevie Nix in front
    of INXS.

Marty is the logical choice for this band, but I am not sure
    they see it that way. Kai (sp) is a heck of an entertainer
    but INXS is not relevant to young blacks anywhere in
    the world, so Kai will not change that for them; thus
    Kai will not win.

Mig probably has a good shot, but Marty is really closest
    to what rock and roll means to the INXS fans of the past
    15-years. The guy is really brilliant, but I would be concerned
    that he might "break his instrument" with the "screaming."

Cher

• Options
    Marty probably has the most intensity.
    Ty (Kai?) is a pretty good showman, but probably not relevant to INXS.
    Mig is very good and would be a good choice, but who knows what INXS is thinking.

Actually, Suzie is the one who I think has the best shot.
    She has great vocals, a lot of talent, and is an up and coming star, with a lot of potential, and she is coming on stronger and stronger each week. And I think INXS really likes here (I know Dave Navarro does, but he is not INXS).
    Not exactly sure what Dave's role is.

Will be interesting, with only 6 left.
    I really don't understand why Jordis was not in the bottom 3, she really deserved to go home this week, but that didn't happen.

Next week and upcoming weeks will become very interesting, as we are getting down to really good performers and it is going to get real tough right now. Jordis should be the next to go home, she is just not right for INXS.
    Also, it is interesting to note that the People Vote is very different than INXS's opinion on many occassions. I can see a possible revolt by INXS at some point as their opinions differ than the audience, and it is THEIR band......

• Options
    After tonight's show....

Jordis just is not cut out for INXS.
    J.D. is too full of himself and just wouldn't cut it, not enough of a professional.

Marty and Mig are both doing well.

But I still think that Suzie is the real winner and has the most potentional. She is a true star
    Tomorrow, Jordis should go home, or J.D. (Jordis should have gone home last week).

Bob
  • Options
    I agree with your assessment Bob.

Having played in bands all my life - I really like JD as a singer but would rather have someone with a little less talent who wants to be a "team" player. This guy has "prima donna" written all over him - he'll be moody, temperamental, histrionic - in other words - a pain in the ass!

Suzie is the most improved. And I like her a lot.

Jordis seems to lack range, Ty doesn't fit altho I like his voice.

Mig and Marty and Suzie are my top choices.

Suzie kicked ass tonite with Bohemian Rhapsody!!!!

Seacrest out!
    Mike
  • Options
    Suzie is MUCH better and she kicked hot tonight, but
    ............ she is just not right for INXS.

JD is too pushy and would have trouble doing what he
    was told to do. That is what this gig is going to be all
    about. The "front" will NOT be the "lead;" no matter
    who gets picked.......... just not right for INXS

Jordis is the most talented amature that we will ever
    encounter. ............just not right for INXS

Tai has a beautiful voice. ....just not right for INXS

Mig may get the job, but I hope not........ second best pick.

Marty is a musical madman/genius and he should be
    the next lead singer for INXS. They will be making a
    BIG mistake, if they let him escape. He will be a star
    w/wo INXS. He is a freaky dude and his range is only
    starting to be seen.

Cher
  • Options
    I hadnt watched the show for weeks until last night. I am still just floored by the talent that is singing and the way the band can play any type of music.

Bohemian Rhapsody was especially interesting and daring as even Queen wouldnt perform the middle part in their concerts (they would play before and after, but in the middle they would have a video play with a darkened stage). That was really impressive last night.

It makes the singers on American Idol look like Jr. High kids talent-wise.
  • Options
    Dave Navarro should kick that dude JD's ass..

i think Jordis should probably do something on her own and forget about INXS..

that dude Marty is my pick to win it.. his version of "Wish You Were Here" was great..
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>that dude Marty is my pick to win it.. his version of "Wish You Were Here" was great.. >>

Perry
    He's my favorite also. I think he is the best pick for INXS. But I really do like Mig and Suzie!

JD is an as*hole!!! I have played with guys like him - that's why I wish God had given me a great singing voice like that - I would play/perform for free! Cash is OK tho. image

Ty or Jordis should be saying bye bye to INXS tonite?

mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Ty or Jordis should be saying bye bye to INXS tonite? >>

Personally I would like to see BOTH of them go, so we can get to the real talent (for INXS).
    A shakeup like earlier in the show when they let two people go, not that they are bad singers, they are just not right for THIS competition, singing for INXS.

I still think Suzie has the most potential, and Marty is also great. Marty I don't think is what the INXS players are looking for, I don't think they are interested in the change in their style it would require, even though it make revive them, making them more modern..
    Hard to figure.
  • Options
    INXS is an 80s band and could use the infusion of a younger singer's different POV on the feeling and structure of music.

When I was a kid, most songs were played the same way - if in the key of C, it would be C - F - G; if in the key of E, it would be E - A - B.

I like the way the chords are structured differently in the 90s to the present - I made up a song today in the key of E, but it went from E - G - C - B.

Sorry for the digression - I think that Ty is a great singer but wrong for the band. Having said that, I was disappointed with his "exit speech/admonishment" of the selection process. Personally, I wouldn't care if the singer was from Mars if they sounded good with the band.

Once again, Suzie rocked'em tonite! The "House Band" is off the chart. And as an ex-drummer turned guitarist - this guy is one of the best I have seen!

Till next week
    Seacrest out!
    Mike
  • Options
    Thought I would jump in here with my opinions.

I have been watching this show from day 1 and have to say that it makes American Idol look like Romper room. After last nights performances I would have to say that Marty and J.D. Fortune have the best shot.

1. Mig is a very good singer as his rendition of Frampton's " Baby I love your way " would attest, but his stage presence lacks spontaneity as every move seems scripted. He seems more suited for broadway musicals.

2. Susie is from my hometown of Toronto and she is clearly a strong vocalist but last nights performances will clearly put her in the bottom 3 tonight.

3. Jordis is very a very sweet girl, but she is not improving and seems rather nervous most of the time. She is really losing her edge now and is my odd's on pick to go home tonight.

4. J.D. Fortune is also from my neck of the woods and seems to have the best stage presence of them all. He has the spontaneity that MIG lacks. If INXS is hoping to draw in a newer younger audience to compliment their existing fans I think that he is the best choice. I realize that he seems a little arrogant and standoffish ( is that a word ? ) but that is a trait of many frontmen of big bands, thats what gives them their edge. Remember, this band needs to sell CD's and concert tickets.

5. Marty is easily my favorite performer of them all. He seems to be the complete package, he clearly has song writing skills as his song "Tree's " was easily last nights best original. He has incredible intensity but lacks the macho edge that many of INXS's songs demand. If PEARL JAM was looking for a new frontman he would be the obvious choice. I would love to see him sing " JEREMY ".

Let's not forget, the winner of this contest will be touring the world singing INXS songs. In a perfect world it would be a mix of Marty and J.D.

I have to say as things stand right now, J.D. is the right choice to front INXS.

Have a great day...

Rob...

Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options

<< <i>I think the winner gets a recording contract with INXS.
    Not sure they are committed to any more than that (either way). >>

they record the Album and do a World tour (that is already booked, I think)
    This show is basically just a 3 days a week AD for the new CD and Tour anyway. it should do well, but how well they do AFTER that without all the TV publicity, will be the test.

• Options
    Well tonight was sure interesting.

Mig put on a good INXS show.
    Suzie did also, although she got the boot. I was sorry to see her go.
    J.D. is putting on a good show (trying to schmooze everyone, trying to get them thinking he is a team player, NOT!)
    Marty didn't perform tonight (not in the bottom 3)

J.D. unfortunately still has a lot of potential in winning, although I don't like him. He is a good showman.
    MIG turned on tonight and showed more of his Rock Star side.

Mig or Marty either one would do well with INXS, I personally think MIG has the most growth potential.

I don't think J.D. would be good for INXS and could break them apart from the inside.
    I think Marty is a little too radical for INXS and I am not sure they are ready for that change (they are not young anymore).

Will be interesting to see next week, it sounds like it is going be quite a Finale....
  • Options
    while I do not think that Suzie is the best choice for INXS, she kicked Migs ass last night. she is a much better singer, and much more comfortable on stage than he is. he ALWAYS looks like he is doing a theatrical number, with stiff movements. AND HE MISSESS NOTES ALL THE TIME and has NO good Upper range at all. Suzie can out sing them all. She will do MUCH better than any of them in the end, I bet.

• Options
    JMHO,

JD Fortune will be the new lead singer of INXS. He sounds very similar to Michael Hutchence and his Pretty Vegas song will be their first single.

Marty will score a record contract on his own and Mig will go back to the theatre.

Scratch that, Mig gets a call from Elton John to "collaborate!"
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options

jordis will have the best solo career, regardless of her last few performances on the show..

jd fortune is a pussie

marty should win..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    < jd fortune is a pussie >

I agree but he's better suited for the band than Marty.

Marty will be more successful without INXS
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options

<< <i>JMHO,

JD Fortune will be the new lead singer of INXS. He sounds very similar to Michael Hutchence and his Pretty Vegas song will be their first single.

Marty will score a record contract on his own and

Mig will go back to the theatre. >>

I do not like it. but I agree with every word.

• Options
    Hi guys
    Sorry I'm late to the party.

Suzie has shown incredible growth! She will do well - reason I think they booted her? Fan appeal. As a "rock" group - guys will listen and buy the CD. They need a male singer to attract the "chicks." Just my take.

Now, Suzie? She's going to run off with the "house" band and start another great group like the Eurythmics.

Mig is too theatrical for me - tho I think he has the most "chick" attraction potential.

Marty was my first choice but his range for me has been suffering the last few weeks. And for my taste? His song about being in the trees and the forest will give us the answer is just a bit much...didn't work for me.

JD is a tool whose derisive behavior will cause tension in the band - the guy is a drama queen in the making. Tho his original, by far, was the best - "Pretty" to say the least.

Having said that - he's the most talented IMO and would be a great singer for the band.

Since I don't like his type - I would take the second best and choose Marty.

Mig will wind up collaborating with Barry Manilow and together they will "write the songs that make the young girls cry."

that's it for me
    seacrest out.

Mike
  • Options
    so who is going to win??? I think that JD will, but Mig is an Aussie and a chick magnet. maybe they feel they can cover up his sour notes in the studio.
  • Options
    Hi
    I see no one has responded. Out of steam?

I was not surprised to see JD win - he was, overall, the most talented.

Hope it doesn't backfire on them!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I want SUZIE'S cd, but not the new "JDINXS" cd, no thanks.
  • Options
    Well, it was a little surprising to me.

I think JD might backfire on them and split the group apart.
    Maybe they are strong enough to keep him in line and "guide him", or maybe his arrogant ways will destroy them... ???

Marty is probably better off without them, he will do fine with a younger minded group.

I was really surprised that MIG was asked to leave, he was probably better suited to INXS, but then again he will do fine without them.

I still think that Suzie (Sweet Suzy McNeal) was the best choice for the future of INXS and had the most potential for the group.
    But then again, it was not my decision.

Hopefully it will work out for them.