Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

SMR - Looking to expand - Need Help

Hello All,

There is no question that non-sportscards have become a bigger and bigger part of the graded card marketplace over the past few years. I want to reflect that by expanding the pricing in SMR, dramatically if possible.

I am looking for someone to assist in building the non-sports pricing section of SMR. I think it is important to have a place to go for PSA graded non-sports cards. It helps solidify the marketplace.

We have tried to incorporate more non-sports articles here and there but the pricing is even more important becasue it helps raise awareness about these great cards on a consistent basis.

If anyone is interested, please email me direct at joe@collectors.com.

Thanks for making PSA #1!

Joe Orlando
PSA President
Joe Orlando
CEO, Collectors Universe, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
    I have to admit Joe it is somewhat sad that there have been no posts to your "Ask for Help" thread. I started a set about 6/7 months ago of may be the one of if not the most popular of the Non-Sports sets, Mars Attacks. I am collecting it in mid grades 5/6/8OC because I loved the cards as a kid, to be honest it has been a roller coaster ride on EBAY/ at shows or with other collectors because except for the checklist card which always go for a nice dollar in any grade the rest of them can be had for anywhere between $25.00 to $90.00 which is a large disparity when your trying to budget your purchases working with the mid-grades. Anyway I am sure that there are a lot of Non-Sport Collectors out there whose knowledge of this set and the many other sets in this category would be invaluable to not only you but the casual collector like myself who is not savvy enough to figure the key cards without a viable SMR for the set. So if you are getting responses off line Please let us know and if you are not getting that input than I am appealing to you collectors out there that could easily assist to come forward.Please!!!
  • Options
    captfischcaptfisch Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    I collect the Graded Star Wars cards. There are almost as many listed in the Set Registry as Mars Attacks, and since it is six times bigger of a set, I believe it is worthy of inclusion. I know it is not as old, but it is almost as popular, and it won't empty your bank account to get a PSA 8 set together. Here's my two cents on the price structure I've seen over the last couple years.

Series 1 (Blue)

PSA 10 $100 - $200
    PSA 9 $20 - $40
    PSA 8 $5 - $15
    PSA 7 $3

Series 2-5 (Red, Yellow, Green, Orange)

PSA 10 $60 - $120
    PSA 9 $10 - $20
    PSA 8 $5 - 10
    PSA 7 $2

Nice to see Non-Sports slowly moving up the respect scale. Thanks much!

Jon
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Goodlieu about 4 months ago Joe came here and asked the same thing, many replied and nothing happened.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I replied offline to him, as others may have done.
    He is looking to build out the SMR in Non-Sports.

Bob's Neat Stuff
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If anyone is interested, please email me direct at joe@collectors.com. >>

Goodlieu: I also emailed direct, per the directive, directed directly in our direction.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    GOODLIEUGOODLIEU Posts: 629 ✭✭
  • Options
    I emailed directly to the Man and haven't heard anything back yet. The initiative to build out the non-sports SMR really perks my interest as I am pondering what topic to do my research project on. And this would be a golden opportunity to blend communications, business, technology, and hobby interest all in one. Hopefully Joe read this and give us perhaps an update on the request. Better yet, more details on what he wants to get done.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to email Joe again.