Home Sports Talk
Options

Greedy 'Fans'

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Livan Hernandez offered an autographed jersey and a new glove.

Apparently that wasn't close to what one fan had in mind.

A frustrated Hernandez tossed a glove, cap and jacket into the stands at RFK stadium after being lifted in the sixth inning in an Aug. 5 game against the Padres. The Nationals' right-hander had allowed four runs and a season-high 12 hits, along with two walks and a wild pitch.

According to the Washington Post, a fan left the stadium that night with the glove, even though team officials made several pleas to get it back.

The cost of getting it back: season tickets next year, playoff tickets this year -- and $18,000, Hernandez told The Post after Monday night's victory over the Phillies.

"He can have it," Hernandez told the newspaper. "He thinks it's my lucky glove, but I'm not superstitious."

Is it me, or is this fan simply nuts? He wants playoff tickets, season tickets, and $18k in cash - for a glove?

Ridiculous.

Comments

• Options

<< <i> Is it me, or is this fan simply nuts? He wants playoff tickets, season tickets, and $18k in cash - for a glove?

Ridiculous. >>

I think *fan* is more appropriate. It's one thing to catch a historic baseball - something that has value to lots of people aside from the player involved. But a GU Hernandez glove can't be worth more than a few hundred so it's clearly greed. That said, I'm not shedding any tears for Livan as he brought this on himself when he throws his crap in the stands like a little kid...

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    agreed ... screw Livan, as he has always acted like this.

I would have asked for 10k ONLY image
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>GU Hernandez glove can't be worth more than a few hundred >>

I think you are still being generous...the "fan" comes off looking like a greedy person here, but can you blame him for trying to work the system for as much as he can? As mentioned already, why did Hernandez throw the glove into the stands, anyway - very unprofessional on his part.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    He wants playoff tickets

sure id give him playoff tickets bc you know they arent going!
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

The fan is greedy all right.