Home Sports Talk
Options

No Love for Junior?

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Ken Griffey Jr. hit another home run today, upping his season total to 27, batting .286, and driving in 81 RBIs, projecting out to 37 HRs and 110 RBIs.

Would be a great story for him to have finally snapped this injury bug that's plagued him the past few years.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree - it would be a great story. Junior has fallen in the eyes of some people for one reason only - injuries. I think most fans still like him, and respect what he has done (best overall player of the 90's - perhaps so), and he seems like a genuinely good guy off the field...so, I would love to see him finish his career strong, and head on off to the Hall that way.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    no love?? where did you get this? Grif parallels are going for hundreds of dollars on ebay..his stuff is crazy!!

JS
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Griffey has shown to be a reliable player this year. I give him credit. I think a lot of people just thought he was going to get injured again, so never bothered to follow him.

I was pulling for Frank Thomas this year--he was the best hitter of the 1990s.

I looked at Griffey's OPS ranking in MLB. He is about the 35th best hitter in the majors. He is no Alex Rodriguez, Derrick Lee, Pujols or Giambi (I got to give him credit--his OPS is HUGE). Griffey is having a decent year, but is still off the radar.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Don't remind me. About 6-8 weeks ago, I had my choice of Griffey or Reggie Sanders in a fantasy trade for Felipe Lopez. I opted for the latter, of course, who promptly landed on the DL while Griffey proceeded to catch fire. Oh well, good for Junior. I'd like to see him get back in the baseball and hobby spotlight.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<< No Love for Junior?>>

I do. Several weeks ago I mentioned him on this board as possible "Comeback Player of the Year".
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Griffey is one of my favorites, and to think what could have been. He would be chasing Aaron right now.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    He has the sweetest bat swing i have ever seen(then again im not very old =)).
    Ravens= Superbowl Bound
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He has the sweetest bat swing i have ever seen(then again im not very old =)). >>

...and you like the Ravens, good luck with Boller again this season! image