Home Sports Talk
Options

My favorite Red Sox player blew it

Last 7 games 8.31 ERA which does not include tonight's 3 Earned Runs. Beaten soundly by a Bottom Dweller.

As Mickey Dees says "i’m lovin’ it"

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Funny how you ran to post here a mere few seconds after the Sox game ended, but when the Yankees choke games away, you are nowhere to be found...
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

I wanna see those Tigers jumping for glee at home plate. Click to "This is SportsCenter".
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Funny how you ran to post here a mere few seconds after the Sox game ended, but when the Yankees choke games away, you are nowhere to be found... >>

Do you expect anything less from the spaminator? When the yankees blow it (which is often) he's a ghost...but the bosox lose (hey, let's not forget, they are still 4.5 up), he's here posting at 4 am.

• Options

<<hey, let's not forget, they are still 4.5 up>>

They are 3 1/2 up. The Yanks dey on a roll.
  • Options

<< <i><<hey, let's not forget, they are still 4.5 up>>

They are 3 1/2 up. The Yanks dey on a roll. >>

Wow it only took them what, 110 games to get to 3 1/2 out?

If this is what $200 million buys, does that mean queen george spends $250 million next year?
  • Options
  • Options
    I think spammy is a bosox fan.

First, he changed his signature to BoSox players.

Then he added in the 2 pitchers.

Now he's got his man crush Curt 'I own the yankees' Schilling in his post.

Admit spammy! You're jumping ship!!!
  • Options

You crack a me up.
  • Options
    You crack me up spam boy.

Now you've removed your prediction that Cano will be RoY?

How much more fair-weathered can you get?

I mean how many different signature lines are you going to use? I mean you go from RJ (who you predicted was going to have a monster year) all the way to Cano who you tried to quote Torre saying would be the next Carew and would win the RoY. All that's gone because you can't make up your mind who your favorite player this week is?

Pathetic.
  • Options

45 more games to go. Cano can still win ROY.
  • Options

My favorites players on this team are Jeter, Bernie, and Tino in that order...the old guard.
  • Options

<< <i>45 more games to go. Cano can still win ROY. >>

Then why not leave it in your signature line?

Or are you that afraid of being wrong, or 'your' yankees failing you and everyone seeing it?

• Options

I like to vary and be creative. Take your signature line for example. It is blah and needs a little pizzaz.
  • Options
    Oh you mean because it doesn't change from week to week to whatever player is hottest like you?

Because it shows I actually collect cards, and am not just a board troll?

• Options
    I actually have no idea what your sig line means, Spammy. Do you like Clement and Arroyo now? I would - they are two better pitchers than anyone on the Yankee staff. And, your other pic is from, I believe, 2003. It's almost like last year never happened in the Spammy household!
  • Options
    The Red Sox can't even beat a team 5 games below .500, a bottom dweller. Just wait until they play Tampa with their talented hitting. They will take Curt baby to the woodshed. Schilling's ERA over the last 7 games is a humongous 11.81 and batters are hitting .360 against the Mouth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4267

i’m lovin’ it.

• Options
    Wow now you've resorted to using the same, weak, pathetic post in 2 seperate threads?

LAME.

• Options
    All that matters, now and for a long time to come, was his heroic performance against "your" team on a sutured ankle last year. You remember that, right?

• Options
    Don't you know that spammy has mentally blocked out last year as if it didn't happen?

He still attempts to say the 2001 mariners are the biggest chokes in history, even though every educated sports figure on the planet says the yankees losing 4 in a row was.

• Options
    I think you are right, Ax. I also think they call that living in denial.

Oh well - let him have his little fun, then...the rest of the world knows better anyway.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow now you've resorted to using the same, weak, pathetic post in 2 seperate threads?

LAME. >>

Don't forget that he edited his original message, so technically it's the same three posts in two threads image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    The Red Sox pitching staff has given up 583 runs, 3 runs more than the Yankees' make shift, who is pitching, much maligned, pitching staff.

I think Francona needs to extricate Curt Baby from the closer role because he is hurting the Red Sox badly. Methinks that the Sux are in trouble.
  • Options
    What's the cost of salary for the BoSox pitching staff? I'd suspect it's far, far less than the $85 million + queen george is paying for those old, broken down starters in NY.

Care to prove me wrong?

I didn't think so.

Spammy you don't get it...it's not that the BoSox is a better team (they are), it's that they are better (along with a whole heck of a lot of teams) than the yanks with a vastly smaller payroll.

Wake up and smell the coffee!
  • Options
    Top 4 Yankees

Mike Mussina 19,000,000
    Kevin Brown 15,714,286
    Randy Johnson 15,419,815
    Mariano Rivera 10,500,000

Top 4 BoSox

Curt Schilling 14,500,000
    Keith Foulke 7,500,000
    Matt Clement 6,500,000
    Tim Wakefield 4,670,000

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

Next member of peanut gallery. please.
  • Options
    The truth hurts huh spammy?

When the numbers (that don't lie, no matter how much you want them to), shows the yankees are incredibly overpaid losers, you whine and say 'that's not fair!'?

Weak.

• Options

<< <i>Next member of peanut gallery. please. >>

You got me again, Spammy. How do you think of such witty, well thought out, responses? Seriously, do you stand in front of a mirror rehearsing? I mean, to be faced with such numbers only to convince me and others with:

<< <i>Next member of peanut gallery. please. >>

You are so right! The BoSox pitching staff is worse than the Yankees' regardless of the disparity in payrolls! Thank you for showing me the light!