Home Sports Talk
Options

Ouch

Jonny Gomes was hit 3 times tonight by Yankee pitching. His only at bat he wasn't beaned, he homered.

Comments

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Yeah, he wears a lot of pads. It almost looked like he wanted to get hit. Wright pitched great. I was surprised.
  • Options

<< <i>Wright pitched great. I was surprised. >>

Me too... I was never a big fan of him when he on the Braves.
  • Options

I was kind of upset when the Yankees got him with his history of arm problems but he did have a good year last year.
  • Options

<< <i>but he did have a good year last year. >>

Until the playoffs image

0-2 with a 9.31 ERA
  • Options
    By the way Tampa has one of the best records since the All-Star break. They are 2nd in the AL in Batting Average. Their pitching sucks though. They have some very good young players.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Oh geez now you're trying to hype up the quality of wins the yankees are getting by saying Tampa is a good team?

Good lord spammy, I knew you were desperate, but that REEKS of pathetic yankee loving homerness.

WEAK.
  • Options
    << Oh geez now you're trying to hype up the quality of wins the yankees are getting by saying Tampa is a good team?>>

Come on Ax, I said their pitching sucks but the Mariners can not carry Tampa's joke (mispelled intentionally for censors) strap when it comes to hitting:

TEAM BA
    1. Boston 0.285
    2. Tampa Bay 0.276
    3. NY Yankees 0.276
    4. Baltimore 0.275
    5. Florida 0.274
    6. Chicago Cubs 0.273
    7. Texas 0.272
    8. Detroit 0.272
    9. Toronto 0.272

Seattle 0.256 next to last.
  • Options
    Spammy it's obvious to everyone that you were simply trying to give the spankees more credit than they deserved for beating a team what, 28 games under .500?

The fact the D'rays have owned the yankees this year with 1/8th of their payroll is pathetic. The yankees should beat the d'rays 10-0 every game.
  • Options
    Ax, the Mariners are 4 1/2 games better than Tampa. How much did they pay in the off season for Beltre and their other high priced acquisitions?
  • Options
    The M's have less than 1/2 the payroll of the Yankees.

Both teams will be missing the playoffs.

Your point?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Tampa Bay stinks. Plain and simple - and they basically own the Yanks this season. Even tonight, the great Mariano almost blew a 3 run lead in the 9th inning to them. As Axtell said, with the payroll disparity, the Yanks should be whipping them every night they play. Instead, a Yank win seems like an amazing thing. Quite sad, actually.
  • Options
    The Red Sox can't even beat a team 5 games below .500, a bottom dweller. Just wait until they play Tampa with their talented hitting. They will take Curt baby to the woodshed. Schilling's ERA over the last 7 games is a humongous 11.81 and batters are hitting .360 against the Mouth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4267

i’m lovin’ it.

• Options
    How pathetic are you spammy?

You give the Bosox grief for losing to a team 5 games below .500, what's that say about the D'rays OWNING the yanks and they are 30 games below .500?

You have the saddest, most pathetic attempts at insulting teams ever.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>How pathetic are you spammy?

You give the Bosox grief for losing to a team 5 games below .500, what's that say about the D'rays OWNING the yanks and they are 30 games below .500?

You have the saddest, most pathetic attempts at insulting teams ever. >>

How true this is - I almost don't know if it's worth responding anymore to threads like this...