Home Sports Talk
Options

Eagle Special Teams...

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
....really looked bad tonight. 2 TD's allowed already!

McChoke throwing a INT returned for a TD on the first pass isn't helping either.

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    missed spot by the WR ... they need alot of work.

they will get there.

McChoke??? Are you Irish? I heard that you choke often
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    as bad as i want to talk sh$t! its only the first game of the pre season which means it means squat! always nice to see the eagles look bad though!

1420 does this give TO more leverage now? is he laughing and knows he can be more of a pain?
  • Options
    1420 does this give TO more leverage now?

I don't think so. I think the Eagles are standing firm.

It is only pre-season, and I could care less. Greg Lewis, Billy McMullen, and Reggie Brown need to step up and that is what I am looking for. Lewis missed his spot, and McNabb threw a pick - a rarity.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    My Giants are going to take it all this year. image Don't worry I don't spam as much during football season. Baseball is my sport. I am also a NY Knicks and NY Rangers fan. Hey, wait a minute, I am not supposed to root for losing teams.
  • Options

<< <i> Hey, wait a minute, I am not supposed to root for losing teams. >>

You root for the Giants and Yankees, they are losing teams.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

I thought you said I only root for winning teams.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    dang this is ugly..preview of things to come...I think so! At least the Phillies will have their rings before things start melting
    down for the eagles!

BUCS BUCS BUCS

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    At least the Phillies will have their rings before things start melting

you really dont think the phillies are gonna win this year do you? they will start to fade this week. there like my mets get you to the point where you get excited only to crush 5 games later!
  • Options
    On the bright side, all this scoring means more commercials... coors light commercials image
  • Options

<< <i>On the bright side, all this scoring means more commercials... coors light commercials image >>

and twinnnns? image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well as we all know, for good teams the preseason is meaningless. But good to see the Eagles receivers get a lot of reps. I am worried about these receivers - very worried. I always call em' as I see em' for better or for worse and it is unlikely that the Eagles are going to get into a Super Bowl with these receivers. Possible but unlikely. Owens is necessary at this point. As was reported today the Eagles sent Owens a letter stating that if he didn't come back on Wednesday with a totally changed attitude, they were going to take steps to suspend him. Wednesday is going to be quite interesting.
  • Options

<< <i> and twinnnns? image >>

A classic. The new one with the Seinfeld reference, "they're real, and they're spectacular", is good too.

I have to admit - it turned out to be a good game.
  • Options
    I think most fans would say that 'preseason doesn't matter' and I would agree.

But why do so many people get worked up if a team goes winless, and another goes undefeated?
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Eagles aren't even a super bowl team WITH TO. Its going to be fun watching this team implode!! Cowgirl fans..are you ready??

JS
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< The Eagles aren't even a super bowl team WITH TO. Its going to be fun watching this team implode!! Cowgirl fans..are you ready?? >>>

It's not looking good - I have to be realistic. Little known fact - I'll always believe that the Eagles not having TE Chad Lewis in the Super Bowl cost them a victory. He is still injured although not on the roster, he has an open invitation to come back, but probably won't be this season, and he might retire. So the Eagles seem thin at Tight End. Buckhalter, their running back always seems to get hurt. They really lack a heavy weight type running back to punch it in through the middle on fourth and short, and also on goal line situations. The receivers are as previously mentioned. Suddenly the Eagles offense is looking very unproductive. I don't care about the 31 points in last night's preseason game - meaningless. Fortunately the D could arguably be the best D in the league so that is what will keep the Eagles in the games this season. I am downsizing my Eagles season record forecast from 13 - 3 to either 12 - 4 or 11 - 5. Fortunately the NFC East is so terribly weak that we'll still win it, easily get into the playoffs and hopefully by that time these receivers and some other offensive players will have stepped up. But as always - gonna be a great NFL season coming soon. And if the Eagles go 16 - 0 (LOL), I will be most happy to have been incorrect with my forecast.

Go Eagles!!!!!
  • Options
    Ryan Moats could be a nice sleeper this year ... even better than that cadillac guy in tampa