Home Sports Talk
Options

Albert Pujols..Just unreal

I am not a St. Louis Cards fan, however I am a baseball fan. This guy is just plain and simple the best pure hitter hands down we have seen come along in a long time. He doesnt get the fanfare that Arod gets being in NY, and before all the Arod fans jump the bandwagon, this guys first 5 years are just sick. I cant even imagine what he would hit in the American League, and once the new Bush Stadium is open next year, we might see numbers that are mind-boggling.
It is so refreshing to see a pure ball player, no steriod allegations, no sex scandal, no self- boasting, no chest pumping, no pay me I am the man attitude, he just goes out and plays the game between the white lines and gives 100% each day.

What a refreshing breath of fresh air...Kudos to you Mr. Pujols, even though your team isn't the one I root for, I must commend your talent. It is simply awe-inspiring.
The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Too bad you can't experience the joy of having him on the team you root for. Like you said, Pujols is worthy of individual accolades, but I really think he wants nothing more than team success.

Last Sunday, we were trailing the Braves 3-1 in the 9th. A pinch hitter was up, I think, Eckstein on deck and John Rodriguez due up after Eckstein. The camera caught Pujols in the dugout yanking a bat out of Rodriguez's hands, presumably to tell him he wouldn't need it. Sure enough, Eckstein hit a grandslam and Pujols led the celebratory charge from the dugout. More than any other play, it's what I remember most about Pujols' season so far. Though I hope that will change come late October.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Pujols is indeed a joy to watch...and his off the field demeanor is just as amazing. His wife had a child who is disabled and didn't let that affect him one bit. Hopefully this year, with Lee fading a bit in the second half, is the year in which he is finally awarded as the best player in the national league.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    The guy is an unreal player.....agreed. One of the good guys also. We are lucky as fans to have guys like this in the sport. It's what makes it continue to be good.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    You can't say enough good things about Pujols - I make sure to always watch Cardinals games when they are on ESPN, mostly to see him play.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never heard ONE negative thing said about Albert Pujols.

In my humble opinion (I know there will be disagreements), he is the best hitter that I have ever seen.

Shane

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    the only question mark i ever here on pujols is his age? best pure hitter i have ever seen.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He's a great hitter, but the best hitter I've ever seen is Wade Boggs.

But Pujols truly is an amazing player.
  • Options

<< <i>I have never heard ONE negative thing said about Albert Pujols.

In my humble opinion (I know there will be disagreements), he is the best hitter that I have ever seen. >>

He is great, no doubt about it. But the greatest hitter I ever saw was Tony Gwynn. Even as he got fat, he could turn on the ball and spray it all over the field.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Saying someone is the "best hitter" is very tough - both Boggs and Gwynn were much better contact hitters, but Pujols hits for both power and average. And, many would argue the best hitter who ever lived was Ted Williams. But, the fact that we are talking about Pujols like that only 5 years into his career shows that he is in fact quite a unique player.