Home Sports Talk
Options

Yankee Stadium attendance over 50,000 for 23 consecutive games

This includes weekday games versus medicore teams. And you wonder where George gets the buckos to pay their players?

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>This includes weekday games versus medicore teams. And you wonder where George gets the buckos to pay their players? >>

It's not from stadium attendence, it's from the massive cable tv contracts.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<<It's not from stadium attendence, it's from the massive cable tv contracts.>>

True, but 4 Million fans a year helps as well as his YES network.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Really, who gives a XXXX
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Other fans might.

What happened to the Mess? They were supposed to have a good team this year. They didn't spend as much as the Yankees but they did spend a bundle. And what do they have to show for it? About the same record as last year.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I hear both sides.... but to Gemmy's point.....putting asses in the seats is a big part also. What do you estimate a click of the turnstile is worth? My conservative guess is $50 profit between tix, concessions, etal. That equates to $2.5 million a game or $2 billion a season on home games alone. Regards.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    According to Forbes, they "only" bring in $143M on gate totals.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Nice link stown. Gate reciepts and "other" are somewhat of a blur from a financial perspective... as some of " the other" is driven by gate receipts. Regardless, a clean 18% and $1.43 billion driven by attendance is huge.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice link stown. Gate reciepts and "other" are somewhat of a blur from a financial perspective... as some of " the other" is driven by gate receipts. Regardless, a clean 18% and $1.43 billion driven by attendance is huge. >>

How are you coming up with 1.5 and 2 billion? Are you saying they net or gross that much?

<< <i>hear both sides.... but to Gemmy's point.....putting asses in the seats is a big part also. What do you estimate a click of the turnstile is worth? My conservative guess is $50 profit between tix, concessions, etal. That equates to $2.5 million a game or $2 billion a season on home games alone. Regards. >>

Correct me if I'm wrong, you say they profit $50 per game, right? $50 x 50,000 x 81 = $202,500,000

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts