Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1886 VAM 1C 3+2 Clashed Rev - Help

OneyOney Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking at my 1886 Morgan graded PCGS MS65 OGL when I noticed the reverse and confirmed VAM 1C 3+2 Clashed Reverse. Can anyone tell me more about this VAM? Is it significant? Value? Any info would help......Images below. Thanks.

image
image
Brian

Comments

  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    I've got one of those. Hard to see the clashes on the non-closeup. I was told that it doesn't command much premium at present.

    image
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you see an "E" under the eagle's tail and above the ribbon is it worth a premium. I don't know if 1886 Morgans are one of those dates with that significant clashed E. Consult your local VAM book for more details...

    image
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

    "Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."


    ~Wayne
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VAM 1C is an interesting but quite common coin; on a scale of 1 to 10 I think it's around a 2 or 3. A few dollars premium at best.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    OneyOney Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone!
    Brian

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file