Home Sports Talk
Options

I think it is the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California of the United States of the Earth of t

who will not make the playoffs. They are playing below .500 since the All Star break. I am going out on a limb here. What else is new. image

Comments

• Options
    That's reassuring... I picked them to win the AL West, and I've been worried, until now image
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

LOL. Brian, what team do you root for? I forgot. Is it the Braves?
  • Options
    Yeah, the Braves. I predicted them to win the division with a .580 W/L.

Same story this year as before - everyone discounts them and says this is the year they lose the division. They hang in there in the first half of the season, and get hot after the AS break. Although they've sucked in the playoffs in the past, this team seems different. They have the second best W/L record at home 38-17 (Houston is first 39-16) so if they hang on to the division, they should get at least to the second round. And they seem to have more depth. These young guys are hungry to win.

Brian
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Yeah, the Atlanta Braves are the Buffalo Bills of baseball but at least they have one World Championship to show for it. Just think, they could be the 2001 Seattle Mariners. image Their run has been simply amazing and Cox and their pitching coach Mazzone should get more credit.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    At least they aren't the amazing 200 million dollar men of .500 misery like the 2005 yankees.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Soriano killed the Yanks this weekend, man he loves to beat up on their crappy pitching staff...too bad the Rangers pitching
    staff sucked too.

JS
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian
    I've been a Braves fan since 1990 - I picked them again this year - what else could I do - but I will consider rooting for her:

Mike
  • Options
    angels to the bank image
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>who will not make the playoffs. They are playing below .500 since the All Star break. I am going out on a limb here. What else is new. image >>

Wow you sure called this one too huh spammy?

You'd think even the dumbest guy in the world would get at least ONE prediction right!