Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

East Coast National Show

Does anyone know any information about the East Coast National card show for this year??

I know that the show is typically held during the middle to end of August in White Plains, NY but I have not seen any ads for this years one.

The show was run by Gloria and Dean Rothstein for years but I heard that Jimmy Ryan was putting together something.

Any info such as dates/times/location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim
Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej

Comments

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭
    Jim,

I live in White Plains and don't recall hearing anything about it. i could be wrong though.

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
    The show starts next Thursday and runs through the weekend. I believe Thursday hours are 5-9 PM. Rothstein is no longer the sponsor either.

• Options
    Thanks for the info.

If Rothstein is out then Jimmy Ryan must be running it.

Any idea what Fridays hours are?

• Options
    spacktrackspacktrack Posts: 1,084 ✭✭
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Spack!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    It's "spack"--not "space"image
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info....i plan to be there Thursday night and all day Friday.....I just hope its better than the last couple of bombs that Rothstein ran in White Plains!

• Options
    Jeej -

Stop by and say "hello". I am up front with Steve Reiferson. Look for the Mays signed photos. I just did a signing with him. I bought some 59s for my set from you last year. Still looking for the Friend AS in PSA 8.

Thanks
    AZ
  • Options
    Hey guys! I'll be there all 4 days, so we should meet up somewhere! Seating area or Nathan's/Carvel? What do you guys think?
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I attended about 10 of these shows when Rothstein promoted them (used to live 15 minutes away). Looks like the tradition of the "free auto" continues. The class of signer has diminished a bit - but still OK if you have a special piece they can slap their auto on. I recall getting Frank Robby, Bob Feller, Juan Marichal at Rothstein shows.

I could not help but noticing that James Spence (JSA) is advertised for on-site authentication services. I thought he was PSA's key dude..... Have they split company?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I thought he was PSA's key dude..... Have they split company? >>

yes, but any more info on that subject will only get this thread pulled.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Griffins - haven't been reading for a while. Guess I missed something good? Any lingering thread links, or have they all been blown up?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    I'll be attending either Saturday or Sunday. I thought the show was this past weekend and made the trip up Sunday from Long Island to find out I was wrongimage
    I hope the actual show is better than my recent trip.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion