Home Sports Talk
Options

The way the winning pitcher is determined should be changed!!!!

Freaking Tanyon Sturtze comes in to relieve and on one pitch gives up a 3 run shot to allow the game to be tied. Jeter then comes to the rescue and Sturtze gets the win and rewarded. Proctor who pitched a great game gets nada.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Yanks are still 5 out in the AL east.

And in third place in the AL wild card.

All this can be yours for the low, low price of just $200 million.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Ignoring the topic as usual. Who is spamming who? Pot calling kettle black.
  • Options
    Just trying to show you how it feels to have every topic derailed.

I see you have your 2 new heroes in your signature line.

Good show!
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Speaking of that - what's the point there, anyway? (I know I shouldn't ask, but what the heck?)

The $200 million dollar Yankee team would kill, I mean absolutely kill, to have two quality starters like Arroyo and Clement in their rotation - rather than the castoffs, rejects, constantly injured, overpaid, and underachieving starters (14 at last count) that they actually have. This is one area I find it hard to believe you would be proud of, Spammy.
  • Options
    i think? in a case like the game Gemmy10 mentioned the official scorer can award the win to proctor. but this never happens.
  • Options
    I agree, he got rewarded for pitching crappy. Also you can get a blown save for giving up a fly ball out. (Rivera's BS early in the season coming in with a guy on 3rd and giving up a sac fly).

That's why ERA is the statistic.
  • Options
    <<Rivera's BS early in the season coming in with a guy on 3rd and giving up a sac fly>>

The same thing happened in Game 5 of the ALCS last year which was the turning point of the series. Mariano came in and gave up a sac fly. I remember it well because all the Yankee haters were pointing to a blown save.
  • Options
    <<this is one area I find it hard to believe you would be proud of, Spammy.>>

WHAT?!?! Proud of? I would say this about any pitcher on any team. I don't like the unfairness.
  • Options

<< <i>
    WHAT?!?! Proud of? I would say this about any pitcher on any team. I don't like the unfairness. >>

Where are your posts proclaiming Clemens' greatness?

Clemens has a nearly identical ERA of 1.38 (!), yet has thrown 156 innings, and opposing BA is .191.

Mariano has thrown a third of those innings, just because the yankees suck that bad, he hasn't had the chance to blow that many saves.

Unfair? Wah, get it over it.

• Options
    So your hero (this week, at least) mariano blows the lead, only to be saved in the bottom of the 9th, and he gets rewarded with a win.

I wonder if you still feel the same spammy!
  • Options

<<I wonder if you still feel the same>>

Absolutely.

He did not blow the lead. He came in with the game tied. Do your homework and read before you post.
  • Options

<< <i><<I wonder if you still feel the same>>

Absolutely.

He did not blow the lead. He came in with the game tied. Do your homework and read before you post. >>

He gave up the lead, and still got the win.

Way to avoid admitting he blew it though spammy. Your blindness is hysterical at times.
  • Options
    <<He gave up the lead>>

He came into the game in the 9th inning with the game tied and gave up one run. What don't you understand? Sir, you are pathetic.
  • Options
    From ESPN's website:

"Their closer gave up the go-ahead run, and the winning hit came from a player who was not supposed to get an at-bat."

Guess ESPN is pathetic too?

• Options
    <<Their closer gave up the go-ahead run>>

Go ahead run minus one = tie

Would someone else please explain this to Axtey. Thank you.

Remedial math for Axtey
  • Options

<< <i><<Their closer gave up the go-ahead run>>

Go ahead run minus one = tie

Would someone else please explain this to Axtey. Thank you.

Remedial math for Axtey >>

That quote is from ESPN's website. Why don't you send them a mail and tell them they need remedial math?
  • Options

First you tell us the other day that Randy Johnson has never won a World Series and now this. Seriously, are you in elementary school or what kind of drugs are you on?
  • Options
    Spammy answer me this:

If the yankees had not scored 2 runs in the bottom of the ninth, would Rivera have taken the loss?

If your answer is yes, then HE GAVE UP THE LEAD.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand? He may have come in with the lead tied...but he gave up the lead.

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    He may have come in with the lead tied

huh?
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>He may have come in with the lead tied

huh? >>

Thanks for adding so much as usual WP.

I meant to type 'he may have come in with the game tied'

• Options
    Nevermind, guys a joke. To reply would be to lower myself to his level.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Nevermind, guys a joke. To reply would be to lower myself to his level.

SD >>

Yet you continue to reply and get involved in discussions that have nothing to do with you.
  • Options

Axtey trying to explain to me over and over again that Mariano blew the lead even though the game was tied reminded me of Abbott and Costello's famous Who is on First routine. Axtey was Costello of course. And Axtey went on and on and on....
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Axtey trying to explain to me over and over again that Mariano blew the lead even though the game was tied reminded me of Abbott and Costello's famous Who is on First routine. Axtey was Costello of course. And Axtey went on and on and on.... >>

And Gemmy went on and on and on about the Yankess, except of course, when they lose.

Pot meet kettle
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<<And Gemmy went on and on and on about the Yankess, except of course, when they lose.>>

Yesterday the Yankees won a very exciting game and I didn't say boo. I was only responding to Axtey's inane posts, and what classics they were.
  • Options
    Spammy you are funny...you use my words that I've used to describe you (inane and pathetic) and try to spin them back at me. Hillarious.

Spammy tell me something...if Schilling comes into a tied game, and gives up a run, has he blown the game? Has he given up the lead?

You are so hypocritical you don't even know up from down....no wonder you're here at 1 am positing.
  • Options

<< <i>Yesterday the Yankees won a very exciting game and I didn't say boo. I was only responding to Axtey's inane posts, and what classics they were. >>

1 game out of 69?

Brav-Freakin-O

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<<if Schilling comes into a tied game, and gives up a run, has he blown the game? You said blown the lead several times. Learn how to use the English vocabulary and take that remedial math course I pointed you to.

<<no wonder you're here at 1 am positing.>>

Look, I am a computer programmer and a night owl. I am at the PC a lot and make 80+ bucks an hour depending on my contract and deadlines. During my breaks I like to come to this board to get a laugh from your posts. Last night was classic. Not that I have to respond to your or Shanty-Townie posts about my personal habits.
  • Options

<< <i>I am at the PC a lot and make 80+ bucks an hour >>

ANYTIME someone "brags" about the money they make on a forum, is full of it.

Thanks Gemmy!!

edit just in case he decides to edit his image

<< <i><<if Schilling comes into a tied game, and gives up a run, has he blown the game? You said blown the lead several times. Learn how to use the English vocabulary and take that remedial math course I pointed you to.

Look, I am a computer programmer and a night owl. I am at the PC a lot and make 80+ bucks an hour depending on my contract and deadlines. During my breaks I like to come to this board to get a laugh from your posts. Last night was classic. Not that I have to respond to your or Shanty-Townie posts about my personal habits. >>

• Options

<< <i><<if Schilling comes into a tied game, and gives up a run, has he blown the game? You said blown the lead several times. Learn how to use the English vocabulary and take that remedial math course I pointed you to.

Look, I am a computer programmer and a night owl. I am at the PC a lot and make 80+ bucks an hour depending on my contract and deadlines. During my breaks I like to come to this board to get a laugh from your posts. Last night was classic. Not that I have to respond to your or Shanty-Townie posts about my personal habits. >>

Yet you do time and time again.

PATHETIC, just like 'your' spankees.

• Options

Please before you post again learn the difference between the simple English words "tie" and "lead".
  • Options
    I like how you focus on the word problem instead of Rivera's propensity lately for blowing games.

Are you sure he isn't done?
  • Options
    Don't worry Gemmy, when your Yanks are in the postseason certain teams will be at home playing the other sport they love "GOLF"

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Don't worry Gemmy, when your Yanks are in the postseason certain teams will be at home playing the other sport they love "GOLF"

SD >>

And which would that be WP? I mean hell do you even follow a team, or just come here to start trouble?

I've seen it all now...someone kissing Spammy's backside trying to gain foum clout takes the cake!
  • Options
    Hey Spammy, how's that $80/hour job coming along?

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    And which would that be WP? I mean hell do you even follow a team, or just come here to start trouble?

which would that be? do you mean which teams? I'd say the MARINERS, ROYALS, ETC ETC ETC. You know the celler dwellers.

....come here to start trouble? no I do not. this is a PUBLIC FORUM? And i will post whenever i choose.

SD

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Yet you continue to reply and get involved in discussions that have nothing to do with you.

I will get involved in any discussion that i want.

This is not your private forum.

Thi is not your place to ridicule and attack people w/o consequence. I do not back down remm? now stfu.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Yet you continue to reply and get involved in discussions that have nothing to do with you.

I will get involved in any discussion that i want.

This is not your private forum.

Thi is not your place to ridicule and attack people w/o consequence. I do not back down remm? now stfu.

SD >>

I like how you conveniently edit out why I posted that WP. You posted:

" Nevermind, guys a joke. To reply would be to lower myself to his level."

To which I posted the above...I simply was saying on one hand, you don't want to 'bring yourself to my level' then on the other, when it suits you, you 'don't back down'.

Funny is all, if not hypocritical.
  • Options
    Not quite Axtell, this all started when i simply asked a question to some retarded statement you made regarding a tied lead! get your freaking facts straight.

as for posting here I will and you will just have to deal with it.

grow up, move on.

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options
    And, I do lower myself to your level everytime i reply to you.

now ESAD

SD
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>And, I do lower myself to your level everytime i reply to you.

now ESAD

SD >>

You mean elevate yourself? Also, why can't you combine your posts into one? Am I so important as to warrant two posts every time you 'lower' yourself to me?
  • Options

Axtey, wow, man....just think how many posts you spew to me. Your "Tied vs. Winning" thread is a tome onto itself.
  • Options
    No Axtell, anytime anyone has to discuss any issue with you they must LOWER themselves to your level.

it is sad but true.

"he came in with the lead tied" DUH

SD

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>No Axtell, anytime anyone has to discuss any issue with you they must LOWER themselves to your level.

it is sad but true.

"he came in with the lead tied" DUH

SD >>

Oh forgive me for making a typo...unlike you and spammy, I don't go editing every post I make a mistake.

Is that going to be your one thing you hold over me forever? A typo? If that's all, it just goes to show you have nothing else to say.
  • Options
    I am not holding anything over you. You keep replying so I will too;

This all started when I simply replied 'Huh" to a statement you made and instead of just saying "I meant..... YOU had to be a smart ass as usual.

Then of course you had to then go off into 26 different tangents.

next time either ignore me or simply answer me with respect. You would be surprised how well that works. You problem is you seem to always have to put people down. I believe it stems from your feeling inferior to others
    now let it go.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Gemmy-

What's the context behind the dejected Red Sox picture? Any chance you could make it a little smaller?
  • Options

<< <i>I am not holding anything over you. You keep replying so I will too;

This all started when I simply replied 'Huh" to a statement you made and instead of just saying "I meant..... YOU had to be a smart ass as usual.

Then of course you had to then go off into 26 different tangents.

next time either ignore me or simply answer me with respect. You would be surprised how well that works. You problem is you seem to always have to put people down. I believe it stems from your feeling inferior to others
    now let it go.

Steve >>

Oh and you posting 'huh' isn't a smart assed answer? Good lord you are as hypocritical as the spaminator...I can't believe you 2 aren't the same person!

Answer you with respect? When you earn that my friend, you'll get it. As it stands, you are nothing more than an instigator who gets off on trying to start fights on message boards with people you've never met. I don't always put people down...unless it's you 2 clowns, well you 2 are beyond having reasonable discussions with.
  • Options
    No jackass it wasn't.
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>No jackass it wasn't. >>

/yawn

huh?
  • Options
    Axtell = image