Home Sports Talk
Options

Palmeiro returns today. Wonder what the reaction will be.

If his manager is smart, he may bench him for a few games and give him a chance to practice and take a load of pressure off his team.

But Palmeiro is not doing himself any good by staying quiet.

I'm still interested in knowing how the steroids got there if it was by accident.

Winstrol can only be injected by a needle or taken as a tablet. How can injestion be a mistake?

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    maybe he reached into Sosa's locker to get some deoderant and got stuck by a dirty needle!image
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    he didnt inhale..

he didnt lie under oath..

he did NOT have sexual relations with that woman..

oh wait, nevermind..

maybe that was our Ex-President..

i couldn't care less that he used roids, but it irritates the hell out of me that he lied under oath..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I could care less he is not the only player that did them. he lied yes(that is what is gonna destroy him)! as for the roids big deal go BOO every darn NFl player in the 70,s - 90's.
  • Options

Winstrol can only be injected by a needle or taken as a tablet. How can injestion be a mistake? >>

Jose Canseco snuck into the locker room and injected him without him knowing it. Just like the good ol' days...........
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I live in the Baltimore area. They cancelled his "3000 hit" celebration at Camden Yards. Peter Angelo's "replacement for Cal's media attention" strategy has backfired. He also fired Mazzilli. Things ain't good in this old baseball town.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Way to drag politics into it pandrews...too bad you didn't come up with that on your own and stole it from the dan patrick show on espn radio.

I'd rather have a president who lied about sex with an intern than a president who lied about leading us into a war on false pretenses for his buddies' oil interests.

When Clinton lied, no one died (1800 times over).

• Options
    did anyone else read reilly's article, "gutless wonders", in this week's si about steroids? i thought it was pretty good.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

nevermind.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Panandrews is just being funny. I doubt he dislikes Clinton.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

<< <i>maybe he reached into Sosa's locker to get some deoderant and got stuck by a dirty needle!image >>

That's the ticket!
  • Options
    He's still sitting out? What a baby! Is he that afraid of the raining of boos he's going to receive when he's announced? He's quoted as saying "Baseball is different from every other sport, especially hitting. You have to have your timing. Even if you're out two or three days, it takes time to get back into it"

What a cop out. First he points his finger at congress (uhm, bad move), then he turns up positive for roids. Gets busted, now he wants to 'wait'?

On a related note, Jack Morris is quoted as saying if they let cheaters like Raffy into the hall, he doesn't want to ever be a member.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Ax - he's not sitting out on his own account. His manager chose not to put him in the lineup. I'm not supporting him by saying this, just being accurate. We'll see what is revealed.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    The manager is quoted as saying that he'll put Raffy in the lineup when Raffy tells him he's ready to go back in.

Raffy is now not just a cheater, but a cheating coward, to boot.