Home Sports Talk
Options

Who Should Manage The Oriole's?

Peter Angelos needs help. Please help him. Yes, he is a clown faced ambulance chasing sucessful lawyer..who thinks he knows baseball. He is far worse than Steinbrenner. Since he owned the team (post Weaver) all he does is hire and fire managers. He was fortunate to have bought the team in the transition to Camden Yards....nice gate , nice park, with a good team that included Ripken, Anderson, Palmiero (yeah), Mussina and a solid enough offfense to blast a major league record for Home Runs for a team in a season . He then cut his payroll, dealt players, bought players like Glenn Davis...and thought the aura of Camden Yards would continue to line his pockets. He even fired Frank Robinson - what an ass!!!!!

So now, he's fired Mazzilli. Perlozzo is the interim manager. I think he needs to bring back O's tradtion. Who should manage this team?
"A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I think you'll end up with a scenario where no one wants to go there, as there seems to be no commitment from ownership to stick it out for the long term - reminds me a lot of the Redskins.

• Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    No Shoot. Thanks for the obvious. Who should manage this team?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    I'm sure that Dusty Baker will be looking for a new job next year. Maybe even sooner.

Wick

Enjoy collecting vintage baseball cards, memorabilia and autos
  • Options
    Play baseball the Ripken way.....
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Play baseball the Ripken way..... >>

Is that the way where you put yourself and your precious consecutive games steak ahead of the team?