Home Sports Talk
Options

Madden 2006..

If you guys are going to buy this game. best place to get it is at costco if you have one by you. 42.99$

Comments

• Options
    I'll probably get it soon. I heard though it isn't a big improvement from last year... I'm sure that no competition this year had something to do with that.

Brian
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    yeah im a huge 2k fan. kinda svcks that they cant make the game anymore. i dont know why they just didnt do ncaa this year.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I agree - having 2K around made Madden a better game, IMO. Pretty amazing how they released last years 2K titles for only 19.99, and forced EA to drop their prices. Now, it's back to an EA monopoly.

I would love to see how Madden looks on the new XBox 360...
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Xbox 360 is going to be an amazing piece of hardware (PS3 too) 360 is going to have the advantage of releasing in time for christmas, and will have a lower price point as well. Only downside is it probably won't be as hackable and modifiable as the original (they've learned from their mistakes).

• Options
    used to love madden don't like it that much anymore. More of an NCAA2006 Fan image
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    I love the game and Madden. He sounded a little weak on last night's broadcast. Anyone else pick this up?
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Rented it today. I dunno why critics said it "wasn't improved".

The juke was improved, but I think the majority of the improvements were meant to thwart BS players. For starters the QB vision means you have to be looking at the player or you'll be penalized for accuracy. No more no look bombs to the other side of the field. But the biggest improvement is on defense. You can tell your CB's to shade the WR's to the left, right, or vertical. So those guys who do the same play over and over will get picked off.

Brian
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I bought it last night, and have played a few games so far. The QB vision thing is pretty neat, but it made the game a bit tough to play, so I turned it off. The graphics are a bit improved, the franchise mode has some nice improvements, the play by play is still a bit stale (It's the 4th play of the drive! It's the 5th play of the drive! It's the 6th play of the drive! I know, I can count!). Still, I like it - but I still wish 2K6 was around as well.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    qb vision thing is really bad in 2 person game! you know where the guy is throwing all the time. i turned it off also. game is growing on me though.

i nailed moss with roy williams with the hit stick and he fumbled while his helmet poped off! it was awesome!

i played a game with the falcons and vick is FAST! and there running game is unstopable. anyone playing xbox on line shoot a pm we can set up a game sometime?