Home Sports Talk
Options

Back from San Diego

We just got back from our vacation in San Diego and to see my new 3 month old nephew for the first time. My nephew is as cute as me but it looks like he will be a Mets fan like his daddy. Oh, well, I tried to convert him to the team with the storied history but to no avail. We had a great time in San Diego.

I bet it has been boring around here for the last 8 days. image

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    bet it has been boring around here for the last 8 days.

Yes axtell made a thread up on how bad he misses you.
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

<<Yes axtell made a thread up on how bad he misses you.>>

Yes, I see that. My brother-in-law went to see the Padres vs. Pedro and the Mets tonight. Too bad the Pads were away when we were in San Diego. A few years back on another visit out there we saw the Padres play the Mets at their former stadium. In fact my kids got Bobby V's autograph. He was very nice. Some fans were pushing my 5 year old (at the time) daughter, and Valentine told the fans to back off and let the little girl get his autograph. My sister-in-law dated Bobby V's nephew for a brief time in high school (Stamford, CT). I could never figure out why the Padres needed a new stadium because I though their "old" stadium was very nice and looked new to me.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Yes i have my beer on ice for the game tonite. always like watching pedro pitch.

on bobby v i wouldnt mind him being back as manager.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Qualcomm sucked. Seats uncomfortable, just a mess. Petco is way nicer.

No spammy I didn't miss you. It was a nice, hospitable climate around here while you were gone. Maybe time for you to take another vacation?
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    San Diego is a great place. Most places I go on vaca, I drag my family to a ballgame. Went to SD last year and did not. Too many other neat things to see. Gemmy - share the rest of your vacation!
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

DirtyHarry,

Well this trip we did not do as much site seeing as our last two trips to San Diego. We mostly spent time with our new relative, at the beach and we went to Legoland (2nd time we have been there). We stayed in Delmar. On our other two trips to SD we did it all: Disney Land, Padre game, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and Legoland.