Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Ricky Williams worth 417,000??

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
Which is the league minimum minus 4 games for the suspension. Are the fish better off without him?

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I was thinking about that today too, but figure in the 8+ million of signing bonus, and that's really what he's making.

And are you kidding? Of course he's worth that much to gamble on. He serves his 4 games suspension, and let's say he stinks, has an awful season, they cut him and they are only out the 400k.

But let's say he comes back (remember, he has that extra month to bulk up) and is a monster...they can deal him for a team who will need RB help, and they still have Ronnie Brown.

There's no downside to this deal for Miami.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NFL is about the money but that being said once the contract is signed and the money is out of the way for the season, the players must play the game with a passion. In my opinion it's clear Ricky Williams has lost a passion for the game, therefore the Dolphins just wasted $400,000.
  • Options
    I didn't catch the beginning of the game, but he looked small... The fins don't stand a chance with or without him, the AFC East is tough. Although Feeley getting hurt is probably the best thing that can happen to Miami, that guy just sucks.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    you guys do know??? ronnie brown will be there running back come week 1? ricky will be traded by week 6 or earlier... ronnie brown is a horse! kid can run the ball!
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    The Dolphins need a QB.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards