Home Sports Talk
Options

Canseco on 60 Minutes tonight

I only caught the last ten minutes, but after watching this - I can't believe a more widespread probe into many MLB players isn't being conducted. He named McGwire, Palmeiro, Ivan Rodriguez, Juan Gonzalez, Giambi - and a few others. Seemed like the interviewer was trying to trip him up on a few occasions, but other than publicity (and of course $), what does Canseco have to gain here? He concluded the interview by basically saying he still thought steriod use could transform "an average athelete into a superstar". Not exactly a condemnation.

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I think what you watched was a repeat? he was promoting his book at that time.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I'll bet it was - and that CBS just reran it tonight to be "timely".
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    God is he an arrogant (sp?) jerk.

Stingray
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    He's arrogant, but he's right.

How else would he have known exactly what Raffy tested positive for?

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>He's arrogant, but he's right.

How else would he have known exactly what Raffy tested positive for? >>

and bingo was his name-o.

I think that there was all to much truth in that book. Think about how the power numbers from the 80's,70's,60's,50's and so on, just suddenly doubled in the 90's. In the 80's 15 HR's was a guy with decent power. In the 90's guys with 30 HRs had decent power.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    it's funny how all the higher ups in baseball management could not figure what was going on?image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Palmiero's positive sure made him (Canseco) look good.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    A friend would tell me stories of MLB training camps where scouts looking at young talent would say 'hey, you need to add on X amount of muscle in the next 2 months if you want signed. We can hook you up with a great 'nutrition' guy'.

Steroid use is much, much more prevalent than anyone thinks...and an even higher percentage have tried/used steroids on a regular basis at some point.