Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Winner of PSA World Series of Autograph Authentication

And we have a winner! There now is information posted about the winner of the PSA World Series of Autograph Authentication at last week's National in Chicago (actually, nearby Rosemont).

Click here for info on contest winner

-donn-
"If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....

Comments

• Options
    23 out of 30 for someone who's job it is to authenticate autographs for Lelands? I sure as heck aint impressed............
  • Options
    Go figure a professional wins...
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    Pretty scary how only 2 people manage to figure out over 60%. Granted, you only had about 20 seconds to look and make essentially a guess. Doesn't take much to fool the average collector when it comes to auto's it seems.
  • Options
    it would be nice if PSA would post the 30 autos along with an answer key for those of us who couldn't be there

*hint hint*

or even better put them up in quiz format where correct answers are given at the end so we could test our own skills, just for fun of course
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>23 out of 30 for someone who's job it is to authenticate autographs for Lelands? I sure as heck aint impressed............ >>

Didn't we have the same problem last year with the grading contest?

The winner was a former grader or had some unusual experience with grading that made the results biased.

Why don't they have two classes or limit the contest to only "amateurs."

• Options
    I think 23 out of 30 would qualify Richard Bond as an amatuer.....
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this I've been wondering who came out on top and stuff..

Pretty ballsy/stupid for companies like Lelands to throw in their employees.. If they do poorly it reflects bad on them.

<< <i>"Richard was one of just two contestants to score over 18 out of 30. It was interesting because several very experienced people took the test >>

Geese who are these experianced people who did so poorly? Who do they work for? image
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    You have 20 seconds per autograph in the contest. That's hardly as much time as it takes for a professional evaluation of a signature.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    I wonder how they got the bogus autographs? The guy that did them must be pretty good...........
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I wonder how many autographs were real, and how many were fake. I also wonder, of the 7 this guy got "wrong" how many were fake that he called real and how many real that he called fake. Both are pretty bad, but if most were fake and listed as real, well, that's a bigger problem.

I couldn't get myself to drop the $25 to take this. Seems to me if a company wanted to put on something like this, they could sponsor it themselves and not charge anything. But what do I know. image