Home Autographs Forum
Options

Hush...Hush Sweet Charlotte

Hi All,
another little tidbit from my autograph collection - thought some might enjoy! image my favorite line from this film is when Charlotte says to Cousin Miriam "You're a vile, sorry little b***!" I have not seen any other authentic signed photographs from this film but I am sure they exist - my true rarity is unscanned at the moment - an original 1962 still from Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? - studio stamped and cropped for first run reproduction in a trade paper. Signed in 1962 with a huge 6" or larger Joan Crawford "supersignature" in ball-point and a dedication as well. I have never seen anything like that elsewhere from that film.

Enjoy,
billy

Bette Davis - older glossy b/w SP restruck for the TV release from “Hush…Hush, Sweet Charlotte” signed by Bette Davis, black Sharpie, c. 1970's

Olivia de Havilland - vintage signed personal promotional SP, blue ball-point, c. 1964

Comments

• Options
    Very nice portrait with the Ballpoint auto. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice portrait with the Ballpoint auto. Thanks for sharing. >>

Thanks image got that de Havilland for $20 image I tell you, Bette Davis's sig varies a LOT during the 70's and 80's.

Billy
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Magicman.....very cool. That movie has left a lasting impression on my mind.....in a weird way. First thing I ever saw that was grotesque. The scene with the hacked off hand is indelible.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Hi DirtyHarry,

A lot of people are quick to say "Hey! You broke your own rule ! It is not vintage!" when they see the Davis - but try and find another authentic Davis sig on something from this movie! One of these days I will scan the Crawford from "Baby Jane" image this signature must be 6" easy!

Billy

PS - anything new come your way?
  • Options
    Correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't it the Joseph Cotton character that got his arm hacked off by "Mommy Dearest" (Crawfrord). I would love to have that pic auto'd.

• Options

<< <i>Correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't it the Joseph Cotton character that got his arm hacked off by "Mommy Dearest" (Crawfrord). I would love to have that pic auto'd. >>

Hi DH,
    you are getting your movies crossed. Joseph Cotten was "Dr. Bayliss" in Hush...Hush Sweet Charlotte. The guy who had his hand chopped off was "John Mayhew" (Bette Davis married lover, Bruce Dern). Joan Crawford was in another film - Whatever Happened to Baby Jane - not Sweet Charlotte as well. She was to have been in it, but that changed and Olivia De Havilland took the part of "Cousin Miriam".

Best,
    Billy

PS - I have an awesome Joseph Cotton signed photo - an original still from The Third Man, signed in black ink. Dran good movie!
  • Options
    Had a thought that was the case. Thanks for the correction.

• Options
    I don't know a thing about the autograph collecting hobby. But it sure is fun to look and learn.

Jerry