Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Can someone clarify for me?

One of my emailed notifications on eBay is for a '49 Bowman Duke Snider RC. I'm looking for one in rough condition as I'm not really condition sensitive on my vintage. I kinda wonder what I'm doing hanging around the PSA boards - a bit of an oxymoron. Anyway, I digress.

Tonight, this auction pops up. Since I haven't owned more than three PSA graded cards, which I immediately liberated so the rest of my cards wouldn't be jealous, I had never heard of a card being submitted with a request for a specific grade. Is that standard? I thought that cards were submitted (with hopes for a certain grade), got graded, and were sent back with whatever the grader felt the cards deserved. Can a collector ask for a grade, and if that grade isn't met, the card is sent back ungraded? Or is there something in this auction that I'm not knowledgeable enough to catch? Is the card even real? What does "MIN GRADE" mean?

Teach me, oh wise ones!

Geordie

Comments

• Options
    I want to know who the hell submitted that thinking it could pull an 8! image
  • Options
    Well you can see the PSA flip on the other side of the toploader. I believe you can only specify a minimum grade if the card is a crossover so the question is, what was the holder that this card previously resided in?
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Never mind, didn't see the reverse view picture.

He resubmitted to PSA while still in the first holder and was not given the minimum grade.

• Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    The cert number does not appear in PSA database. I thought they also recorded not holdered cert numbers. Fake flip?
    Also, it is in a topload, don't they only use cardsavers....
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    on min grades I THOUGHT they didn't crack the holder... SCAM