Home Sports Talk
Options

Manny comes up huge

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Pinch hitting tonight, drives in the game winning run less than an hour after the trade deadline passed. Talk about nerves of ice.

Oh, spammy, Schilling preserved the game with yet another save.

Comments

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    from a mets fan! MANNY IS THE MAN! to bad it didnt happen, i dont blame the mets front office though! this is not the year to make this kind of move, we blew it this road trip. so if we are gonna make it make it with what we have!

STAY TUNED MAYBE THESE METS WILL KNOCK THE COVER OFF THE BALL?
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<Oh, spammy, Schilling preserved the game with yet another save.>>

LOL again. Yeah, the Hunterless team. What is the Twin's record now? Aren't you the dude who is into a team beating another team who has a great record? HYPOCRITE EXTRAORDINARE as usual. Par for the course.
  • Options
    No spammy I was simply countering your ignorance in saying Schilling wouldn't make a good closer.

As usual, you can't see past the yankees. As usual, you can't make sense of a thread that doesn't start out 'oh my god! that yankee rocked the game today! He's the best in the league!' or some other such garbage.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I watched the Sox game this afternoon - the response for Manny when he came out to pinch-hit was as loud as Fenway has been all season long (matched only by Schilling's first appearance off the DL a few weeks ago). With all of the pressure on him, and with two strikes on him, he delivered another clutch hit - just amazing! And yes, Schilling was lights out in the 9th yet again. Great game!
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    <<Oh, spammy, Schilling preserved the game with yet another save.>>

Mariano Rivera, 2005 ERA 0.97

Curtis Schilling, 2005 ERA 6.23

Oh, Axtey, PUHLEASE, do you want me to die laughing?
  • Options

<< <i>

Oh, Axtey, PUHLEASE, do you want me to die laughing? >>

Would you? Please? So we aren't forced to wade through your endless supply of JUNK threads?

And when was I comparing Mariano to Schilling....you really are dense!!!

Good lord you sure think that everything in baseball land revolves around the spankees...they win a couple games (hell, they should beat the angels...they have double their payroll!) and suddenly you are the loud-mouthed, spamming jerk you always are.

Why don't you just disappear?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    why don't you?
    Good for you.
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    08-03-05 Manny hits a 3 run blast in the first before being knocked out of the game by a collision with Edgar Renteria.

The bomb marks the 8th straight year Manny has hit 30 HR's with 100 RBI's.

Manny is only the 7th player ever to achieve this feat. His 8 year run ties him with Albert Belle and Babe Ruth while Palmeiro, Sosa and Gehrig did it 9 straight and the great Jimmie Foxx went 30/100 in 12 straight seasons.

The Sox have 56 games left this season which should put Manny around 45-50 homers and 150-175 RBI's.

Which only leaves 3 things for me to say......M........V........P

Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Which only leaves 3 things for me to say......M........V........P >>

You better believe it! He's been an RBI machine this year, even more so than usual. Other teams were praying that those ridiculous trade rumours were true last week.