Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I needed another bidder

If only I had another bidder for this auction! Oh well, I was happy enough with the end price. Guess that's why some less scrupulous sellers employ shilling.

Comments

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Some nice looking Kennedy's. I feel your pain. I didn't do so well the last time I put coins up on eBay. May not do it again just stick with the B/S/T. I don't sell much though. Hope you have better luck in the futureimage
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last couple times I've sold on ebay, I've gotten killed. What's funny is, I don't ever seem to find those auctions from the buying side, where something is going for less than ought to be worth. Not that I spend much time hunting them, but still.
    mirabela
  • Options
    I wasn't upset with the ending price -- it's the fact that the high bidder placed four bids in the last few hours that struck me as interesting. If there were someone bidding against him, it would have gone even higher (and evidently he was worried about that happening too).

I just happened to put these up for fun -- I had bought these sets for the SBAs and was planning to cut out the other coins to spend at face value. But I figured I'd put the halves up on E-Bay and see how they did, so anything above face value made me happy.
  • Options
    HI,I HAVE BOUGHT SOME GREAT COINS BY SEARCHING I did get a nice 1 from RELLA , but I do shop around I limit the time I spend searching, and have found that if I cannot find it now I will find it sometime in the future ,EXCEPT IN RARE CASES I just got a pcgs 1947s ms66 for 11.00 from manocoins (he always has great coins and I got lucky),nobody bid on this great coin and he had a low starting price, and yes I also have been getting killed on Ebay to,if I list it low ,they wait (like me) until the last hours then I lose out,if I list it for the going rate no bids and I rack up listing fees, I list on the bst forum and a few people ask questions but ....I also need to post pictures and my p.c is dying lol I have a hard time loading them here but I CAN mail photos ,Also I live in Michigan and there are hardly any coin shows around here or clubs,the closest coin club is 65 miles away for me (i live in the thumb area) anyways ,I agree and it is best to shop around and WHEN I LIST NOW I LIST FOR CLOSE TO WHAT IT IS WORTH INSTEAD OF GIVING IT AWAY, . JUST MY INPUT TAKE CARE,DAVE

mojoman
    seller id on ebay mojoman0_0

EBAY LINK
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file