Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

If this card is sooooo great......

This ebayer has listed this 1967 Carew Rookie card so many times i've lost track. I sent him a question in this latest auction that if the card is so great why not send it in to PSA. Well i think we all know the answer to that one

the auction

Comments

• i've been watching this seller for sometime now. I believe he buys EX-MT, PSA 6/SGC 80/GAI 6 and PSA 7/SGC 84/GAI 7 cards...breaks them from their cases...and promotes them as NM, NM-MT and MINT. 75% of his items are raw...and if you check some of his purchases, you can assume that a lot of what he buys..he sells raw. he doesnt get negative feedback because all his cards are legit (not trimmed, altered or are fakes) and only grades 1 or 2 less than he advertises (and he is careful about his advertisements...he doesnt state their grade or says "should be a NM-Mt." He provides a big scan. He knows the profit he can make if the buyer gets it in his head that the card looks and can grade a NM-MT when in reality it was in a PSA 6 or PSA 7 holder. He assumes that most buyers (which is probably a correct assumption) cannot determine the difference between, say, a NM and a NM-MT card from a scan. I almost bought a 63 mantle from him....but i came to my senses and bought a PSA 7 63 mantle. after my purchase, i decided to monitor his purchases and sales and see if there is a correlation of some kind.
  • Interesting thread. Thanks.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Gee, i never did get a reply back from the seller to why he hadn't sent the card in to PSA. Guess he answered my question for me. I e-mailed the winner to not be shocked when it comes back from PSA as "evid of trim".
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    LOL-

Look at these two auctions:

5223549664 and 5215640655