Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

20c piece - 1875-S... Anacs slabbed AU50....what do ya think it is worth?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if Anacs is known for correctly, or under, grading these pieces.
Not sure what current greysheet is either.

What would be a good price for one that is AU50 graded by Anacs and is an 1875-S?

Thanks.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I checked Heritage auctions. They've sold two this year at $253 and $276 respectively.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    777777 Posts: 1,056
    $250. bid If it has sharp definition with some luster; If it were pcgs I would purchase it for a little more$$ Nice twenty cent pieces are way undervalued in todays market...image
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks...it hit $331.
    I was out in the sun and missed the end time by a few minutes.

It had some nice toning though.

It also did not sell...reserve was, admittedly, too high. The seller mentioned that to me when I emailed.

I think I would have gone up to $300ish based on the look, but more than that and I think I want a CC type.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    the philly is undervalued in relation to the others, imo. you might consider it.

K S
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think I would have gone up to $300ish based on the look, but more than that and I think I want a CC type. >>

Yeah, if you have to choose just one example, a CC is the way to go. Remember though, they are often very softly struck.

Lane
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've yet to hear of anybody having consistent difficulty crossing ANACS to PCGS at same or higher grade, and they note problems that PCGS or NGC won't bodybag. I wouldn't trust their grades any less than PCGS or NGC, if that's what you're asking.
    mirabela

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file