Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 Topps Baseball Complete Set NM/MT w/ keys all PSA 8

Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hi All:

Have decided to place this set on EBay tonight; sneak peak/first crack here. This set would make a nice start for registry set builders. 11 PSA 8 Keys are included, plus one 7 and one 9. The balance of the set is about:

7% MINT

70% NM/MT and NM/MT+

21% NM and NM+

2% EX/MT+

All cards are loaded into brand new CardSaver I's and ready to submit (nice timing with this month's special - s/b about 450 8's here). I should have submitted a few of the remaining raw stars when I last submitted - particularly Aaron, Yaz, and Hernandez. Though not a big star, I put Ken Griffey Sr. in one scan because I think it may have a shot at a 10. LMK if interested.

Will likely be on EBay around 7:30 cst tonight if I dont make a deal here first.

75 pix #2

75 pix #3

75 Pix #4

75 Pix #5

75 Pix #6

75 Pix #7
Mike
Bosox1976

Comments

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    If it weren't for the fact that I was so wrapped up in my '72 set, I'd definitely make you an offer for my 2nd most favorite set of all time!

Good luck with the sale!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Sold. Thanks all.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Congrats on the sale.......would you be so kind as to give us an idea of what you sold it for?

Thanks!
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Yes, I'd be interested to know as well.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny and Miami,

I bought the set for Mike's BIN price of $826. It's a tad steep by current market standards, but most of the keys are already graded and I'm always looking to upgrade my raw set, so I didn't mind paying the price. Plus, the set is one of my favorites and I'll probably slab it soon.

BTW Arny, I am just ahead of you on the '72 set registry at #13. But I know you will blow by me soon, very soon, as I have been fairly inactive with it over the last year. I want to complete that monster before all is said and done, but am in no hurry. Keep up the good work on your set and let me know if you have some nice deals for me on any '72 PSA 8 dupes you may have. I may very well be interested. I have only a dozen or so dupes, but would be glad to help if there's anything you need. Take care all and happy collecting!

David
    1972 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    1974 Topps Baseball PSA 8+

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    The $826 is probably within $25 bucks plus or minus of what it would have sold for. I likely would have purchased it had I been the one to see the auction. As for whether or not it's a great deal depends on how many of that 7% get nines, and how many get tens.
  • Options
    I have a similar 75' Topps set that has about 25 cards that have been graded with all the biggies such as Aaron #1, Aaron #660, Yount, Brett, Carter, Ryan, Rose, etc that I was thinking about putting up on ebay soon.

If anyone is interested please email me at jeej67@hotmail.com and I can give you a complete list of the psa 8 graded cards for your review.

Thanks!

Jim
    Buyer and Seller of PSA graded Baseball Cards from 1900-1980.

Check out my ebay auctions listed under seller ID: jeej
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I sold this set a while back , it was the nicest raw 75 set I have seen with the keys all graded. I am not sure how the raw matches up between the 2 sets but this one sold for 1400 , I would saw 560 cards or 85% would have graded 8/9 in this set. should help to give a little more idea of the ranges on high end raw 75 sets.

75 set with keys graded
  • Options
    Hi All -

Please allow me to dust off this old thread; I will be putting another 1975 Topps set on EBay later this week and thought it might be of interest here. It will be a NM type set with some PSA 7's (Brett, Yount, Ryan, Rice, Aaron #660) and 8's (Rose, Ryan #5, Ryan Leaders, Reggie Jackson, Palmer). Ungraded average about NM with some better and some worse (maybe 15% EX/MT and 15 - 20% NM/MT). I would call it NM+, but I think overall centering is a little too varied. Still, a good amount of NM/MT cards in the set. Seems to be of higher grade than just about all that have sold on EBay since I sold my last set - particularly in light of the graded stars.

Obviously, not quite as clean as the previous set - but a nice offering. SMR of the graded is $470 - not looking for too much more than that. Not usually one to gripe about grades - but the Ryan is very nice for a 7 - really just a tiny, tiny touch to lower right corner.

Let me know if interested.

~Mike

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Hello all. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been happy with this set I purchased from Bosox1976. I bought the first set he advertised on this thread and it is a very sharp set. I have only had the Tony Perez card graded so far (under my 6 freebies for rejoining the CC) and it came back a 9. The majority of the set is PSA 8 or better quality. So for those who may be considering his 2nd set, his description of the card conditions is accurate. Good seller and a nice guy.

David
    1972 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    1974 Topps Baseball PSA 8+

Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens
  • Options