Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1993 Leaf Ryno Insert...this is HOF Day!

I found this 12 yr old Leaf insert (Heading for the Hall) of Ryno while looking for some cards today.

I was watching the induction ceremony at the same time - in fact, I missed the ending of the Braves game - did they win?

His speech....no one would accuse him of being a charismatic speaker but he did get "into" it a bit.
He referenced the accomplishments of Andre Dawson as relating to himself - "we did it the natural way. He took his shot at players that don't feel the need to play a "complete game" - that even if you are a power hitter - know how to bunt. Work hard everyday! He also let the Cub fans know there's another "pro" Santo voter now! He put a plug in for Andre for the HOF also.

Interesting speech - Boggs was more simple.

Anyone else watch?

mike
Mike

Comments

• BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    This has probably been discussed before, but why in the hell isn't Ron Santo in the Hall? I'd vote for him on sheer guts alone.
  • Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Nice looking card, Mike. WGN has been running a good show about Santo, "This Old Cub." I didn't realize how hard it was for him to play with diabetes. And, with all he's been through, he still has a positive attitude. Pretty inspiring.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image