Home U.S. Coin Forum

My very first toned franklin

I have not turned to the dark side, but I figured i better own one to see if they do anything for me. This is nothing like Lucy bops toned frankies. I could get used to hers pretty quick, but I think the price was right. Here is the ebay site. If someone could please let me know how to post a link, I am not that good on this computer thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8322525508&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Welcome and that looks like a nice Frankie at a great price! I think the colors will be more pronounced "In Hand"!

LINK
  • Frankies are awesome!!

imageimage
  • MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm certainly no Franklin expert, but that doesn't look like mint set toning to me. Not saying it isn't a nice coin, but the description seems a bit off to me. Anyone else have that thought?!?...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • He did not specify. It could be out of a made up mint set
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> I have not turned to the dark side, but I figured i better own one to see if they do anything for me. >>

twodrhrdtp,

When using the term "dark side", the Forum is usually referring to world coins as opposed to U.S. coins.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm certainly no Franklin expert, but that doesn't look like mint set toning to me. Not saying it isn't a nice coin, but the description seems a bit off to me. Anyone else have that thought?!?...Mike >>

It appears to be mint set toned.. I have owned/seen many such as this..

but this is a horrid image to say the least, which doesn't help....
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    but this is a horrid image to say the least, which doesn't help....

I agree........ it's hard to tell if that franklin is attractive or not with those images....
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file