Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dealers or Collectors how much would you buy these for?

Lets say I'm selling 5 morgan dollars(average circulation and not key dates). I use Morgan dollars since it seems like alot of old ladies have these.

If silver is 7.00(rounded)an ounce and each morgan dollar has 90% silver

The numbers would be 6.30 x 5 = $31.50

if coin shop A pays 5.00 an ounce (and doesn't change that.) Coin shop B Pays Fair market Value. How long will coin shop A be in business?

PURPLE!

P.S for the analistic------I know there is a ton more that factors in.....but lets have a bit of fun ......okay?

Comments

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot value of a Morgan ought to be right around $5, as each contains .715 oz pure silver.

They are easy to flea market for $12 though -- even the worst of the worst -- so there ought to be somebody around paying $7. It ain't me, though.
    mirabela
  • Options
    Purple73Purple73 Posts: 2,016
    Ahhhhh I wonder why my numbers looked a bit weird. .77344 Oz. Pure Silver is what it says in red book.....damn small print.

PURPLE!
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9-10 each if they look good.
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The usual adjustment for circulation metal loss is to call each $1 face .715 oz.
    mirabela
  • Options
    morgannut2morgannut2 Posts: 4,293
    Question one-------Neither Coinshop A or B can or will in business buying and selling worn common Morgans-
    Question two------ Buy price for non-problem pre-1921 VG's is $9-$10 this month, minus cost to mail/insure
    Question three-----Yes old ladies are indeed very smart; they're the only ones who have ever made 10 times their money on
    a common worn Morgan.....except of coarse the Home Shopping Network.image
    morgannut2

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file