Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2005 kennedy population question

Good morning. Can someone please tell me the pop of 05 p and d in 67 and 8, in a buisiness strike, if any, please?

Thanks and have a great day.

Roger

Comments

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Roger-

05p - 1 in 67, 0 in 68
    05d - 5 in 67, 0 in 68

I don't believe they have changed much nor will they change much if they have no value in the Registry sets. The Satin Finish halves blow away the business strikes in quality. I made one of the 05d's in 67 and it sold for a whopping $40. Their is no incentive, especially now, to submit the business strikes. I'm sitting on a few raw 67's imho and will continue to sit on them unless PCGS assigns a premium or bonus for 05 business strikes in the Registry sets. I think it is sad that 2005 will have few true GEM business strike coins slabbed. The Satin Finish fad is here to stay unless PCGS makes a move. Chris
  • Options
    Thank you Chris

It is sad indeed. Especially when you look at the the registry as it sits now, basically 3 different categories. Circulation strikes, circulation w/varieties, and proof strikes. The sf coins don't really fit into any of these
    categories. I guess varieties is as close as they come at this time. I personally like circ strikes better than
    proof or sf. Sf is nice, but I think these will become boring after the newness wears off. Its even more sad
    that competition drives a lot of collectors instead of their passion for the coins. image
  • Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I don't believe they have changed much nor will they change much if they have no value in the Registry sets. The Satin Finish halves blow away the business strikes in quality. I made one of the 05d's in 67 and it sold for a whopping $40. Their is no incentive, especially now, to submit the business strikes. I'm sitting on a few raw 67's imho and will continue to sit on them unless PCGS assigns a premium or bonus for 05 business strikes in the Registry sets. I think it is sad that 2005 will have few true GEM business strike coins slabbed. The Satin Finish fad is here to stay unless PCGS makes a move. Chris >>

$40? Wow. I have to admit that is very sad. I love kennedys and searched a roll myself and saw that making a 67 was going to be hard. It's a shame. I too agree that circ strikes are much better.
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that I have room in my sets for some of them MS67's Business strick coins.
    I'll put out an open bid for one each of the D & P in PCGS MS67 non satin finish at $100.00 per coin.
    Maybe I'll be over paying, but I do want both of the different types in my sets. And the Satin Finish is going to be the easier coin to find in my mind.
    There are a few other collectors out there that I think will realize that there is going to be a futher shortage of what is going to be a rariety. So the people who have the business strike coins are going to be ahead of the game IMO. I also think that the state quarters in non satin are going to be rare also. And I am looking for them to just not paying as mach as I would for a Kennedy.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Lindedad- Your offer is noted! I'm sending in a "modern-crap" order this week which will include a couple of bidness strike Kennedy halves!! Chris
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an added bit of info on rariety and price of these coins. I just won a MS67SF 2005-D Kennedy for $13.00. I still think the market is going to for the BS not SF coins.
    And so it is known first come first bought on my offer. I am not going to build a hoard but I want one of each of these coins. And now I have the Satins and the Proofs for my sets. Looking for the Business Strikes only now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file