2»

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Ozzie Smith for Gary Templeton

Luis Gonzalez for Karim Garcia
  • Options
    OnlypsahockeyOnlypsahockey Posts: 1,479 ✭✭
    Jason Varitek and Derek Lowe for Heathcliff Slocumb????????

Sorry if this one was already mentioned.

Bob
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Being an Oriole fan, the Glenn Davis trade will always be the worst trade in the history of baseball. Coming off a year with unbelievable young talent that we brought up in our farm system (a big deal back then), we contended in a year that everybody picked us for last place. Then we decide to try and contend by trading three great prospects for Glenn F*%king Davis, a guy who had one good year. Schilling goes on to have a hall of fame career, and Steve Finley and Pete Harnisch are all stars. Meanwhile, Davis who moves from the pitching tough National League to the HR bombing AL, does squat...... And so do the Orioles for the next 15 years. Think the pitching staff of Schilling, Mussina, Harnisch, and Erickson with Finley in the OF would have made them a little better? It still makes me wanna throw up and it happened nearly 20 years ago....... GLENN F*%KING DAVIS!!!!!!

Lee
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Date line: Green Bay Wi, Feb 12, 1992.

The Packers sent the second of their two first-round draft choices, the 17th pick overall obtained from Philadelphia, to Atlanta Tuesday for Favre, the Falcons' second-round selection (33rd overall) in the draft last year.

Who did the falcons pick....Rb Tony Smith...you might still be asking who is that.

Well Favre goes on to win 3 MVP's in arrow. Argueably the best QB of the 90's. Wins Super Bowl XXXI and goes to Super Bowl XXXII.

I guess one would figure I would know something about this one.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    jrad,

Ah, whadda cheeseheads know?!! image (Just joking!!)

Looks like you should know your stuff about Brettie with that awesome #1 collection! I'll have to check it out and hopefully see some pics of his cards over the years...

(Go Vikings!!!)

hh
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>jrad,

Ah, whadda cheeseheads know?!! image (Just joking!!)

Looks like you should know your stuff about Brettie with that awesome #1 collection! I'll have to check it out and hopefully see some pics of his cards over the years...

(Go Vikings!!!)

hh >>

Go Vikings...How about the Broncs????

Mark
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst trade of all time and the shadiest NFL deal ever. H. Walker to the VIkings for half the team + all their draft choices. Dallas eventually fields 23 players out of the deal and wins 3 Super Bowls. Mike Lynn takes the cash and leaves the next year to start the XFL. Half a team for a tight end that played running back. This deal would have been vetoed for every other team exept the Cowboys. But you see Dallas was 1-15 and t-Shirt sales were at an all time low. NFL couldnt have their most popular product wallowing in the mud so, 3 Super Bowls later Dallas is again #1 in NFL sales and all is forgotten. Out
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭
    Worst trade ever . . . trading my '55 Clemente for a Joe Charbonneau rookie card.

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    How about the Astro's trading Curt Schilling to the Phillies for Jason Grimsley. What a waste of talent!