Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

July vacation finds #1

Now that I've gotten somewhat organized and the household chores under control, I thought I'd share some of the stuff I bought while on vacation the past two weeks. My wife and I like to browse through antique stores and did quite bit of that while driving from Oregon to Wyoming and finally on to Colorado. On the way back home we went through Montana with most of our browsing taking place there -- with the best results surprisingly!

One of the most exciting finds may have been the 5 1964 Topps coins a lady pulled out after she saw that I was looking for baseball stuff. FYI, there was a sale that day where the "#7" dealer was giving 50% off!! Here are the scans of the fronts (the back scans turned out too dark to display):

More fun stuff to come...

hh

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like coins HH
    No big stars?

thanx for sharing
    I'm looking forward to your other finds from the highway!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Stone,

Nope, no big stars in the '64T coinage, although that would have been an even bigger thrill. The condition of these coins may help pay for some of the other stuff I bought once I get them graded. I think at least a couple of these will grade out to PSA9.

The #10 Tresh has a PSA9 pop of 3 of 16 total graded (no 10s); Marichal 2 of 13 (no 10s); Hall 3 of 14 (no 10s); Hunt 3 of 9 (1 PSA10); Staub 3 of 9 (no 10s). Looking at some of the PSA Set Registry entries, most of these could be in demand to fill slots and upgrade. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a 10!! I can dream with the best of them!! image

It was exciting seeing these 41 year old coins in such great shape -- much nicer than the rusty, well-enjoyed coins I have...

hh