Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

This is one righteously trashed '33 Goudey Babe Ruth

33 Goudey Ruth

Apparently been through the laundry in a jeans pocket, left out in the sun and the rain for a week, had the corners snipped, rats nibbled at it ... What hasn't happened to this Babe? Would it even grade PSA 1?

Comments

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    the card has some damage corners, surface and edges all have some defects

I think that the operative word here is "some". image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< Here is your chance to own a classic card of Babe Ruth. 1933 Goudey gum big league #181 card of Babe Ruth. This card is real and is not a fake, has been in my family for years. the card has some damage corners, surface and edges all have some defects but that is the case with most cards 70 plus years old. >>>

Maybe someone should inform this guy that a "real" card should have green printing on the back, not black printing.
  • Options
    LOL thats funny i just got done emailing the very same thing to the seller. We will see what he responds with.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    Response from seller:

"thank you for telling me, I will take it to a local dealer before auction ends. If it is a fake I definetly wont be selling it. thanks so musch for your info I had no idea'
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    You have to love "corner wear" that just happens to look like the corners were rounded with a pair of scissors.
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I didn't even notice the black type. So "this card is real and is not a fake, has been in my family for years" but now he has doubts and will take it to a local dealer? Yeah, that will settle it ... authentication from the teenager behind the counter at Smilin' Steve's Foil Packs & Yu-Gi-Oh down at the corner.

Funny how reprints are worth much more after you trash 'em than if they're mint, but it's the other way round with real vintage cards. This is a strange hobby.